Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

‘borlamouth’ install complete

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ‘borlamouth’ install complete

This muffler is pretty sweet. It’s straight through so I can’t see it really robbing any power compared to the resonator and it killed 100% of the rasp.

It is quiet though! I have had the LM and then the LM with LT’s on my car for so long it’s going to take some getting used to. However, it is a deeper sound and it defiantly sounds good when you romp on it.

Ground clearance is even less though, I didn’t beat my floor pan in so it hangs pretty low. There wouldn’t be an issue if my car wasn’t absolutely slammed though, so even prokit users shouldn’t have an issue.

Regards,

Jeremy
Old 10-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jermstyle
It is quiet though!

When you say 'it's quiet'...what are you comparing it to? Is it as loud as the LM with stock manifolds? I can't imagine LT headers, ORY, and LM with the borla being quiet. That little thing can't kill all the sound, can it?
Old 10-21-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

Another statisfied Borla customer..

Glad to see you're enjoying it. Definitely refines your exhaust note.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:05 AM
12 Second Club

Camaro_SLP... Compared to LT + Catted Y it's not as loud.
It sounds really good though, the LM even with stock manifoldls was more raspy than this setup.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

The xr-1? I only lost 8 rwhp and torque between it and cutouts. Not that bad really.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Yea… There is absolutely no room for a cutout in the borlamouth for sure. I have one I was going to install, but I don’t think it’s really necessary right now.

My only concern was losing power between the XR-1 and the resonator. It pulls just as hard as it ever did with the original LM and it’s still straight though, so we’ll see I guess.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chris98pace
The xr-1? I only lost 8 rwhp and torque between it and cutouts. Not that bad really.
Chris,
How much power were you making when you measured this difference. It looks like you have done some work on that motor.
Curtis
Old 10-22-2004, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

z28 venom what happened to your duals?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Simp
z28 venom what happened to your duals?
I traded them for the Spintech Catback and some cash. I'm getting ready to transfer to Cali, and I didn't want the hassle when I got there of trying to swap out entire exhausts..

I do have a new setup in mind once I get there and find a nice exhaust shop..

4 Sweet-Thunders... two before the axle and two after the exhaust goes over the axle.. into quad Borla intercooled tips.

I'm saving now, so that I can definitely get it done once I get to Cali and my first smog is outta the way.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

How does the setup sound?
Im curious cuz my friend wants LT's on his LM catback!! NOWAY, LOL
Old 10-22-2004, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Another statisfied Borla customer..

Glad to see you're enjoying it. Definitely refines your exhaust note.

Why dont u have borla? I'm a fan of Borla so as u, but i was wondering why u have spintech if ur a borla guy!!!

I'm saving up for mine, (thought u might ask)!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
Why dont u have borla? I'm a fan of Borla so as u, but i was wondering why u have spintech if ur a borla guy!!!

I'm saving up for mine, (thought u might ask)!
I've had the Borlamouth setup and Borla true duals... I really like them, but my new love is Sweet-Thunder.

The spintech catback was just part of a trade.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:08 PM
12 Second Club

I know this post is a little old, but did the borlamouth mod get rid of the drone on the hwy? My ears are still ringing from 2 hrs of 70-80 mph on sunday...
Old 10-26-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CamTom12
I know this post is a little old, but did the borlamouth mod get rid of the drone on the hwy? My ears are still ringing from 2 hrs of 70-80 mph on sunday...
There is very minimal drone and rasp with the XR-1.. TRUST ME... but they're pretty hard to get right now. All of the stores are out of stock.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

I LOVE the rasp bit... gives it kinda the animal edge

but while I have to qualify for aviation still (full physical - including ear test) and this is my daily (well, as daily as I get to drive) driver, I need to knock out that in-cabin highway-speed drone. You say this definately takes care of that? Oh, and tell me about the XR-1 store thing... I've had one on back-order for a week now

Last edited by CamTom12; 10-26-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

actually, maybe internal resonance is a better term for what I'm talking about... The kind that makes the world quiet when you get out of the car off the highway, after having to shout a conversation over (doooooooooooooooooooo), after upgrading your stereo just so you can hear it on long commutes
Old 10-26-2004, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

This muffler is pretty sweet. It’s straight through so I can’t see it really robbing any power compared to the resonator and it killed 100% of the rasp.

It is quiet though! I have had the LM and then the LM with LT’s on my car for so long it’s going to take some getting used to. However, it is a deeper sound and it defiantly sounds good when you romp on it.

Ground clearance is even less though, I didn’t beat my floor pan in so it hangs pretty low. There wouldn’t be an issue if my car wasn’t absolutely slammed though, so even prokit users shouldn’t have an issue.

Regards,

Jeremy

post up some sound clips!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

TTT for my resonance question...

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

I'll try to get a sound clip tomorrow... It will be to late when I get home tonight and I dont want to tick off my neighbors!

The borlamouth sounds very refined and has more of a growl than a blasting sound when you get on it. I had a friend (very good friend) drive my car the other night and I drove behind and next to it in my other car with the windows down.

It sounds absolutely sweet from behind when it runs up through the gears, and it has a pretty good note at speed. The only down side is that it’s really loud enough to scare people if they have their windows up.

When I had LT, ORY and LM I could blast past people and make them almost run off of the road trying to see what was coming..

The only rasp I could find is at 2200 RPM in like 4th gear, you can hear that good old .50 cal sound for just a second because it’s loading the engine so hard. That’s all though, otherwise the rasp is gone.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

I'll try to get a sound clip tomorrow... It will be to late when I get home tonight and I dont want to tick off my neighbors!

The borlamouth sounds very refined and has more of a growl than a blasting sound when you get on it. I had a friend (very good friend) drive my car the other night and I drove behind and next to it in my other car with the windows down.

It sounds absolutely sweet from behind when it runs up through the gears, and it has a pretty good note at speed. The only down side is that it’s really loud enough to scare people if they have their windows up.

When I had LT, ORY and LM I could blast past people and make them almost run off of the road trying to see what was coming..

The only rasp I could find is at 2200 RPM in like 4th gear, you can hear that good old .50 cal sound for just a second because it’s loading the engine so hard. That’s all though, otherwise the rasp is gone.

cant wait to hear the clip I have the xr-1 on order

Quick Reply: ‘borlamouth’ install complete