New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut out questions

Old 10-21-2004, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut out questions

Well i have stock exaust right now but i want some noise. I was thinking of getting electric cut out but i have some questions. I have a lt1 1996 trans ws6 anyone know the stock size i have been looking but cant seem to find it. I have been looking at some e cutouts and it says like single 2"1/2 and dual 2"1/2 which one will i need? Also when you install your cutouts is the switch in the car on underneith the car? What is a good price for e-cutouts and whats a good company? Anyone have average installation prices or can you do it yourself? Links are welcome! Thanks alot.
John
Old 10-21-2004, 06:17 PM
FormerVendor

i didnt screw with electric cutout....i leave mine off all the time...and its in the i pipe right before it goes over the axle
Old 10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know about dimensions but if you want more sound and power for cheap do a cutout. Do some RESEARCH first. Go to the external engine forum and do a search for cutout. You will get ton of good info.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with the 3' jegs cutout and couldnt be happier....loud as hell at WOT. Depending on where you are located just leave it uncapped all the time. Just get off of the gas around the POPO!!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd probably need a 3" cutout in the i-pipe.

As far as the electric part goes, there are two main ones. QTEC ---> sponsor and McCord. The electric opener just bolts onto the cutout in place of the steel cover.

The switch can pretty much be mounted whereever you want in the car. Pretty easy to install. Just tap a power and ground and you're set.

Do a search you'll find all the other info that I may have left out.

Search this Thread