Sponsored by:

TH-350 help, Shift kit Help, and stall converter help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH-350 help, Shift kit Help, and stall converter help

Question the first.

I have a TH-350 in my 400, I like the transmission, its original so I do not want to swap it for a TH-400 or a better transmission. But the question is can these transmission hold there own? Are they good transmissions for a street / race car?

Question two.

I need a transmission kit for my car. I was thinking about the B&M Street / Strip, and the full compitition shifters. Will these effect the RPM and gas much if any? And what is a Semi-Manual shift kit? could I still drive it in Drive with that?

Question three.

Stall converter. Now, which one would be the best pick for this car. Keep in mind I want daily driver / thursday night at Irwindale bracket car. would 3,000 rpm just kill me on gas? And would it be to hard?
Old 10-22-2004, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 7T4MULA
Question the first.

I have a TH-350 in my 400, I like the transmission, its original so I do not want to swap it for a TH-400 or a better transmission. But the question is can these transmission hold there own? Are they good transmissions for a street / race car?

Question two.

I need a transmission kit for my car. I was thinking about the B&M Street / Strip, and the full compitition shifters. Will these effect the RPM and gas much if any? And what is a Semi-Manual shift kit? could I still drive it in Drive with that?

Question three.

Stall converter. Now, which one would be the best pick for this car. Keep in mind I want daily driver / thursday night at Irwindale bracket car. would 3,000 rpm just kill me on gas? And would it be to hard?

The th-350 is a good street/strip transmission with the right parts the th350 can hold about 700 hp (at the flywheel). The shift kit would be a good thing to do. A semi-manual shift is in reference to the th-350 will shift out of first gear by itself, but the shift kit will correct this so you can hold the first gear until you shift the trans into second. A 3,000 stall will hurt you on gas milage, but you have to decide if the increase in performance is worth it. A good choice is a 2500 stall, it will give a increase in performance with out a big decrease in gas milage. Of course, I would recommend a TCI Trans-Scat Kit and TCI converter.

Kevin Steele
Old 10-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kevin Steele
The th-350 is a good street/strip transmission with the right parts the th350 can hold about 700 hp (at the flywheel). The shift kit would be a good thing to do. A semi-manual shift is in reference to the th-350 will shift out of first gear by itself, but the shift kit will correct this so you can hold the first gear until you shift the trans into second. A 3,000 stall will hurt you on gas milage, but you have to decide if the increase in performance is worth it. A good choice is a 2500 stall, it will give a increase in performance with out a big decrease in gas milage. Of course, I would recommend a TCI Trans-Scat Kit and TCI converter.

Kevin Steele
Well, I might have a kit installed in it???? Because when I drive it, I shift From Low into drive, and I can hold it in low tell I shift it... or are you talking about in the "drive" selection???
Old 10-23-2004, 02:26 AM
Restricted User

If you want troble free performance go to http://www.700r4l60e.com/store/custo...&cat=21&page=1 this will give you everything you need to do this right. If you have any questions on this, let me know?
Old 10-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by Pro Built Automatics
If you want troble free performance go to http://www.700r4l60e.com/store/custo...&cat=21&page=1 this will give you everything you need to do this right. If you have any questions on this, let me know?
How much flywheel hp will this trans kit hold?
Old 10-25-2004, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 7T4MULA
Well, I might have a kit installed in it???? Because when I drive it, I shift From Low into drive, and I can hold it in low tell I shift it... or are you talking about in the "drive" selection???
I am talking about the shift being in the low range not drive nor second. This modification doesn't make the trans shift hard or hold more HP/TQ. So, you may may not have a shift kit.

Kevin Steele