Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster or SLP D/D???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster or SLP D/D???

i know ,i know....but im just wondering for now while i go to the referee.i got a hooker cat-back on the way,but i need something to go pass smog with this stupid referee.TIA.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

SLP D/D
Old 10-23-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

SLP Dual Dual is what you will want to go with...

FYI - I have one for sale if you are interested...it is great condition! PM me if you are interested...pics are available~!
Old 10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

SLP my friend.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

SLP or save for GMMG.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:19 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

No contest.

D/D
Old 10-24-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

slp all the way
Old 10-24-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since when does a referee care about the cat-back?
Old 10-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Banned

dual dual easy
Old 10-25-2004, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Dual Dual will out flow Flowmaster like a champ. Plus it sounds better too
Old 10-25-2004, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '02SS
i know ,i know....but im just wondering for now while i go to the referee.i got a hooker cat-back on the way,but i need something to go pass smog with this stupid referee.TIA.
Hey bro Pm me about those headers, why the name change?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had to wipe out my hard drive cuz of viruses so i went w/my old name.you got the kit Yenko?uhhhhhhh,im still debatin on those headers....i had a hell of a time gettin the manifolds back in! so im just debatin on going w/ a JBA shorty header or puttin the LT's back in. i know JRP says that shorties flow the same as stock '01-'02 manifolds....butwill i gain anything????im gettin a hooker catback for my b-day(11-12) and ill prolly go w/random tech hi-flow cats.but what about the headers????i noticed a HUGE power loss when i put the manny's back in(it sucks)any help would be great.an admin's experience would be very helpful(wink,wink)...lol.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Since when does a referee care about the cat-back?

he doesnt its just for the meantime,until i get the hooker.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Dual Dual will out flow Flowmaster like a champ.
Really?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Plus it sounds better too

i dont know about that.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:47 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really?
are you being serious
Old 10-27-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jrp
are you being serious
yeah why would the d/d out flow the flowmaster when the f/m is a straight thru design?also what smog-legal kind of setup do you recomend,jrp?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

i had to wipe out my hard drive cuz of viruses so i went w/my old name.you got the kit Yenko?uhhhhhhh,im still debatin on those headers....i had a hell of a time gettin the manifolds back in! so im just debatin on going w/ a JBA shorty header or puttin the LT's back in. i know JRP says that shorties flow the same as stock '01-'02 manifolds....butwill i gain anything????im gettin a hooker catback for my b-day(11-12) and ill prolly go w/random tech hi-flow cats.but what about the headers????i noticed a HUGE power loss when i put the manny's back in(it sucks)any help would be great.an admin's experience would be very helpful(wink,wink)...lol.
Yea i got the kit. Its 99% installed, all that i have left is to mount the nozzle some where. Im not sure i want to use the bellows-- prob will though.
did you get every thing i sent you?
let me know on the headers, i have a friend that needs some.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah why would the d/d out flow the flowmaster when the f/m is a straight thru design?also what smog-legal kind of setup do you recomend,jrp?

my friend you need to do some more research. maybe im drunk retarded right now (******* college) but i dunno if my memory serves me correctly a "cross flow"design in any language means anything but straight through. Flowmasters signature sound comes from the plates they use as "chambers"...the air runs into these things and gives you that signature flowmaster sound and drone as well. imo one of the dumbest sounds to ever come out of a vehicle. even mustangs and 40 series mufflers with these, although its the 80 series mufflers that have the poor design, even the 40 series for mustangs and other cars don't flow all that well. any time air is bumping into **** on its way out to make a sound, its going to hurt flow. the 80 series cross flow design is by far the worst design ever thought up for a muffler. flowmaster engineers ( i guess you could call them that) really took a lunch break when thinking of a single in dual out muffler for the f-bodies. not to mention im guessing they were smoking pot at the same time while crafting their f-body muffler.

do yourself a favor...instead of wasting money on a flowdisaster...**** i mean flowmasterbater...dammit, FLOWMASTER catback or muffler for your f-body, you might as well leave the stock catback in and get some fancy tips. You'd make more power and it wont sound moaning 2 dollar ***** in the process.

the hooker catback sounds unreal. its partially straight through and has a chamber after that...and i can definately contest to what it looks like exactly as i'm on my 10th exhaust set up and mys econd hooker catback...i traded td's for the hooker cb. and i cut my last aerochamber hooker muffler in half to see what it looked like...its a great design.

do yourself a favor...bring a spork from wendys to that "referee" and if he/she says something about the stock catback, tell them to start grubbin on your fecal release port.

just my opinion of course.
T
Old 10-28-2004, 06:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slik98z
my friend you need to do some more research. maybe im drunk retarded right now (******* college) but i dunno if my memory serves me correctly a "cross flow"design in any language means anything but straight through. Flowmasters signature sound comes from the plates they use as "chambers"...the air runs into these things and gives you that signature flowmaster sound and drone as well. imo one of the dumbest sounds to ever come out of a vehicle. even mustangs and 40 series mufflers with these, although its the 80 series mufflers that have the poor design, even the 40 series for mustangs and other cars don't flow all that well. any time air is bumping into **** on its way out to make a sound, its going to hurt flow. the 80 series cross flow design is by far the worst design ever thought up for a muffler. flowmaster engineers ( i guess you could call them that) really took a lunch break when thinking of a single in dual out muffler for the f-bodies. not to mention im guessing they were smoking pot at the same time while crafting their f-body muffler.

do yourself a favor...instead of wasting money on a flowdisaster...**** i mean flowmasterbater...dammit, FLOWMASTER catback or muffler for your f-body, you might as well leave the stock catback in and get some fancy tips. You'd make more power and it wont sound moaning 2 dollar ***** in the process.

the hooker catback sounds unreal. its partially straight through and has a chamber after that...and i can definately contest to what it looks like exactly as i'm on my 10th exhaust set up and mys econd hooker catback...i traded td's for the hooker cb. and i cut my last aerochamber hooker muffler in half to see what it looked like...its a great design.

do yourself a favor...bring a spork from wendys to that "referee" and if he/she says something about the stock catback, tell them to start grubbin on your fecal release port.

just my opinion of course.
T
Maybe I am sober or whatever.. stupid work.. But I think the flowmaster sounds pretty decent. It was put on my car before I bought it and I never knew it was flowmaster until I saw the name on the muffler.

I say get the flowmaster catback and some cutouts. That way it will sound pretty good, it will be cheap and you can open the cutout when you want the power. I am not sure how much the SLP one is, but I know flowmaster is pretty cheap. I plan on keeping my flowmaster catback and installing a cutout in the future.

Flowmaster is a good sounding catback + Cutout = outflow SLP

But if you want to waste your money, go ahead.

Last edited by Keenov; 10-28-2004 at 06:21 AM.