Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Egr - Pls Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 01:17 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Egr - Pls Help

Hello all. I have searched the site and the web and found no satisfactory answer to my dilemma.

okay so my engine sounds like it is hissing out air. I am inclined to believe it is the EGR. I know what it is, but not where ti is or how to replace / delete it as many of you have done. please talk to me like I am a 3 year old and explain precisely what I need to do in terms of finding it, and either re-sealing it, or deleting it. ANY AND ALL comments welcome. I am at my wits end driving down every single street is such an embarrassment at this point. Cant even hear my magnaflow anymore b/c of the hiss. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!

brad
Old 10-25-2004, 03:46 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

bumpity
Old 10-25-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

hiss huh? dont know if its the egr, maybe its the air system, but if you wanna check it its right here

if you want to get rid of it there are detailed instructions here

http://www.installuniversity.com/
Old 10-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Launching!

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm this will show you pretty much exactly where it is and how to remove it. Once you do remove it you will need to have purchased the block off plate in advance for the header. Simple as that, a few bolts it comes right off and ur done. You may throw an engine light but it will not hamper performance, you will need to have it deleted from your pcm from a local tuner, or I think you can do it with a power programmer. Good Luck
Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

thank you sir
Old 10-25-2004, 04:41 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Originally Posted by BlackY2KSS
hiss huh? dont know if its the egr, maybe its the air system, but if you wanna check it its right here
what do you mean it could be the air system? the silencers? I dont know its like a steady one pitch loud hiss noise but more so it sounds like "sh" very loud rather than "ss" in hiss. I am stumped...
Old 06-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
what do you mean it could be the air system? the silencers? I dont know its like a steady one pitch loud hiss noise but more so it sounds like "sh" very loud rather than "ss" in hiss. I am stumped...
did you ever fix this? i have the same problem...except i idle like ****, barley start, and run lean as hell

Quick Reply: Egr - Pls Help