PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need halp asap...gotta set my injector tables back closer to stock!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need halp asap...gotta set my injector tables back closer to stock!

I did a bunch of mods, one of them including 36# injectors. I since found out there was no need for such a big injector, and no matter how much tuning I did, I couldn't get this thing running up to par.

So I put the stockers back in, but need to know how to reset the tables for the smaller injectors. the car isn't stock, so I don't want to go back to stock tables totally, but I can fine tune if need be. just gotta get some fuel back into this thing.

The car is a 99 as are the stock injectors (obviously). The ones I had in there were 36# ford injectors. So should I just scale injector rate according tot he same % that I changed the actualy injectors? Meaning, I put injectors in that are 1/3 smaller, so should I increase the flow tables by 1/3rd accordingly?

BTW, I'm using ls1 edit to tune if that helps your recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Timberwolf; 10-25-2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timberwolf
I did a bunch of mods, one of them including 36# injectors. I since found out there was no need for such a big injector, and no matter how much tuning I did, I couldn't get this thing running up to par.

So I put the stockers back in, but need to know how to reset the tables for the smaller injectors. the car isn't stock, so I don't want to go back to stock tables totally, but I can fine tune if need be. just gotta get some fuel back into this thing.

The car is a 99 as are the stock injectors (obviously). The ones I had in there were 36# ford injectors. So should I just scale injector rate according tot he same % that I changed the actually injectors? Meaning, I put injectors in that are 1/3 smaller, so should I increase the flow tables by 1/3rd accordingly?

BTW, I'm using ls1 edit to tune if that helps your recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

You need to start at some point that you know is correct so why not start with the stock base 99 table and tune up, at least you know it is scaled appropriately to start with in place of throwin up someone's numbers that you're not sure of :thumbup:

Last edited by J&JsTA; 10-25-2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

yeah, that's what I ended up doing. I put my injector flow table and the PE vs RPM table back to stock. I'll do some logging and go from there.

Now what's the rule of them? It would seem with more air moving throught he motor, I ought to be pretty lean right now. Should I add some across the board or is it more typical to need it up top or...?