Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straight Through exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Straight Through exhaust

Hey guys i got a question, right now i have a borla catback, and it sounds good but its not really loud, and i am getting longtubes like once winter is over, and im going with a whole new exhaust. but my buddy took his 98 SS to his uncles exhaust shop and they removes his muffler and put in like a y-pipe type setup so he has no muffler, but the thing sounds tough, and i was thinking do u guys think it would be alright to do, i mean its just gonna be temporarily until i get my new exhaust set up done. Just seeing what your guys thoughts would be on it, i can get it done for free, and like i said its just temporary, and its opnly for the sound. But do u think i could sell a borla catback muffler also? alright thanks guys
Old 10-26-2004, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt want to cut up my borla cat-back but do what you want. I would put in a cut-out at the end of the y-pipe and leave it opened. or tuff it out till you can get headers and ory that will make it loud and tough sounding.