Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idea on cam and head pac

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idea on cam and head pac

what is the best brand for the money when it comes to a cam and head pac i ve been reading about the pariot pac but ive been warned about them so any ideas
Old 10-27-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001pewterSS
what is the best brand for the money when it comes to a cam and head pac i ve been reading about the pariot pac but ive been warned about them so any ideas
Seriously, I really wouldn't feel too worried about buying Patriot's products. They seem to have fixed most of the problems and there is really nothing else to break on them. Of course, you will see occasional problems arise, but if you consider the thousands of heads they sell, they have a very high percentage of satisfied customers compared to the people who are having problems. I also think that a portion of those people have problems because of sloppy installation, failure to check PToV clearance, etc. If you are asking about the best heads for the money, I would say patriot. If you are really worried, get the upgraded valves for 100 more. That still keeps the price low, and these heads do perform. I don't have the heads personally, but my roomate (Winman) does and he put down some stout numbers and has more to come with tuning as he hit the rev limiter. As far as a cam goes, I would buy one that you know performs rather than trying to buy everything as a package. Futral's cams are the hot thing right now, they make a lot of power and have excellent driveability on the street. Check out their new website, they have it up now. www.futralmotorsports.com . Of course you can always call Allan Futral and talk to him, he knows what heads work with his cams and can point you in the right direction.