Sponsored by:

I need emergency help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car not running

Please any help will be greatly appreciated. Here is my issue:

I did an a4 to m6 swap. I changed the wiring harness from an a4 to a m6, and the problem that is occurring is I keep frying my pcm.

?’s you may be asking:

What year car? It is a 98
Did you stay with a 98 harness and pcm? Yes
Are all of the Connectors plugged in? Yes

What is happening with the car? Well it starts for a little bit but idles very ruff. The dash continually flashes on and off. (It flickers) every time it flickers off the car acts like it is going to die. When the dash is lit up it stays running.

So I went back and checked every thing to make sure that it was tight and everything was connected.

So what they hell is wrong with my car?????????????

Last edited by sevanseriesta; 10-27-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd check for a loose ground somewhere... the motor running could be shaking it causing the flickering...

By frying the PCM you mean that when it dies the car wont start again w/that PCM in it?

I'm thinking lose ground though
Old 10-27-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do not have any wires that are loose though there are 5 different ground wires right? 2 behind the block, 1 on the side of the block, 1 on top of the cylinder head, and the braided copper ground to the chasis.

And as far as the PCM when I say fried I mean that it has no spark, no power to the fuel pump, and nothing shows on the dash.....

is there anything else that it could be?
Old 10-27-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

vats is controled by the BCM so provided the key matches the bcm , the computer will get the 5v 50hz square wave enable signal and work fine.

Ryan
Old 10-28-2004, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well that is good news, but to tell you the truth the security line has been acting funny. What happened at first is we tried to start the car for the first time and the security light came on. So I could not start the car for some time. Then after it went off, the car started but ran crappy. It ran like I told you before about how it acted like it was going to die. The next day we went to start the car and it would turn over but not start. It was not getting any power to the pump and no spark.

Where are the people that have done this conversion before?
Old 10-29-2004, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Guess what it was a ground. The pcm was not grounded some how. But now I have other problems the clutch is not disenguageing
Old 10-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
Guess what it was a ground. The pcm was not grounded some how. But now I have other problems the clutch is not disenguageing
you mite bleed the clutch, they take a few times of bleeding, drivig, then bleeding again some times, i know that is what i had to do when i changed my clutch master cyl.
hope that helps.