Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Leaks...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Leaks...

Well i just finished installing my pacesetter headers. Omg what a fawking pita. Anyways... I used the clamps that came with the y pipe and headers. Its an off road y pipe. I can see fumes coming from every conection point. Im soooooo tired right now so i dont have the energy to fix it at the moment nore am i sure how to go about it. I thought i had them pretty tite. Any suggestions. All help greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Old 10-28-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What type of clambs did you get? I got the band clamps with my kooks and there is no leaks in mine. i tightened mine up so tight they looked like part af the header and ypipe . you might want to retighten and see what hapenes
Old 10-28-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bengeeee
Well i just finished installing my pacesetter headers. Omg what a fawking pita. Anyways... I used the clamps that came with the y pipe and headers. Its an off road y pipe. I can see fumes coming from every conection point. Im soooooo tired right now so i dont have the energy to fix it at the moment nore am i sure how to go about it. I thought i had them pretty tite. Any suggestions. All help greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Haha.. you're using the u-clamps .. Take them off as soon as you get the energy. Throw them in the trash. Grab your car keys and go buy some stainless steel bandclamps from any of your local parts stores..

Install: PROBLEM SOLVED

The included U-Clamps suck ***..
Old 10-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Haha.. you're using the u-clamps .. Take them off as soon as you get the energy. Throw them in the trash. Grab your car keys and go buy some stainless steel bandclamps from any of your local parts stores..

Install: PROBLEM SOLVED

The included U-Clamps suck ***..
thanks so much. I was thinking the same thing but this is my first experiance with any type of exhaust work so i didnt know if maybe i was just completely inept lol. Thanks a lot. I will tommorrow.

Ben