Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not fbody question but LS1

Old 10-28-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Not fbody question but LS1

I just ordered a set of headers for my 00 S10 that I'm putting a LS1 into and because of the clearance problems of the LS1 into this particular application the only place that makes the headers only offers a shortie with a 1 1/2 primary with a 2 1/2 collector. I know on a stock motor this would work ok, but I'm thinking these won't really perform any better than stock manifolds really particularly on a heads and cam motor like mine. Unfortunately there isn't much room at all for anything more than a 1 1/2 primary to get past the steering shaft. I would use stock manifolds but they won't even fit LOL. Just wondering what you guys think flow wise.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really haven't much of a choice, do you...

I have a pal a few hrs away with an LS-1 pwred S-10 ('99 Xtreme). He purchased a header 'kit' and we just did a chop, bend, and weld job. We used 1-3/4" primaries and 3" 4-2-1 'scavanger' collectors. The primary lengths had to be varied because of the stearing linkage problem, but they all ended up around 1.5" of each other (32.5-34"). They looked like SLP's speggetti routing job...I really wish I had taken some shots of the finished project, but didn't think anything of it at the time...He's tough to get ahold of (traveling man), so I can't guarantee anything, but I'll certainly try to contact him and possibly get you some shots to send to a header maker.

Though they're not a sponser, no sponser here has what you're looking for so it shouldn't bother anyone...Pull a net search on 'S&S Headers'. They do a lot of custom header work. They make most or all of Jet-Hot's headers come to think of it.

Just about anything is do-able. Some things just take a little creativity (and a lot of expensive machines)...

Search this Thread