Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered TSP Duals, what mufflers do they use? TSP dual owners inside....

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just ordered TSP Duals, what mufflers do they use? TSP dual owners inside....

Just curious if anyone knows. That, and I want ask anyone who owns them, have any of you had any issues what-so-ever with banging on the floorboard? That is the primary reason i am ridding myself of the Hooker Y pipe and Borla, a close second being the system as-is sounds like complete *** (rattling non-withstanding). I have been told they have enough adjustment in them to eliminate any banging issues that may so happen. I am very much looking forward to joining the true dual club. Been looking forward to it for a while now.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

You will love it!
I've had the TSP true Duals on for 5 days and NO one tailgates me anymore!
Attached Thumbnails Just ordered TSP Duals, what mufflers do they use? TSP dual owners inside....-muffler.jpg  
Old 10-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the pic. Do you know what bullets those are they use? I know there are several choices available and all have different qualities. Just want to know which ones Im getting. And i have no worries as to whether or not i will like the sound.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

I believe they are the regular DynoMax 18" bullets. I run 12" bullets and the car is pretty loud and raw sounding at like 4,000rpm+ so the 18" ones should be alittle more tame. At idle and lower RPMs they are very deep sounding and they really get peoples attention. I'm always getting comments on how it the car sounds like an old school muscle car and I've had several people at the track ask me if I put a big block in it.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have this system and I love it. Just have to crawl over the speed bumps.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by PHANTA-Z
Just curious if anyone knows. That, and I want ask anyone who owns them, have any of you had any issues what-so-ever with banging on the floorboard? That is the primary reason i am ridding myself of the Hooker Y pipe and Borla, a close second being the system as-is sounds like complete *** (rattling non-withstanding). I have been told they have enough adjustment in them to eliminate any banging issues that may so happen. I am very much looking forward to joining the true dual club. Been looking forward to it for a while now.
Name:  000_1004.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  120.4 KB

This is a pic of the rear of my car, you can see the mufflers there. This system is very low. I can barely get a pepsi can under most of the system. I have the QTP's might be different with other headers. It took quite a bit of manuvering/patience to get it right. I used my two post lift so the rear suspension was completely extended, and I had to push my X pipe against my torque arm to get the turndowns high enough. Hope this makes sense to you.

Now review: It is freaking awsome. I can't explain how much I like the sound at idle (TR224 112), cruising, & WOT is insane. I don't care how low it is I will never change from true duals. I haven't listened to my radio since. I try but I keep turning it off to hear my exhaust.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Launching!

I can deal with an occasional scrape on a speed bump or sharp driveway entrance. No biggie. Just that ridiculous, incessant banging agaist the floor board which has prevented me from taking my car above 2500 rpm since i did my headers. You have no idea how frustrating this is. Really rather disappointed as i have never heard of people having the issues with the hooker Y that i have. Had to notch the K for the headers as well. Just been one nightmare after the next on this install. The two nice things: no exh leaks, no codes. Can't wait till next week finally get all this ironed out, can tune my car and actually start using the nitrous. Thanks for all the responses, most helpful. Totally stoked for this install. And the MS3 cam after the first of the year, that'll set it strait.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do all of the TSPs hang down low like that? Mine hang just about 1/2 lower then the bottom of the rear. Lane made mine is the reason I ask.

Last edited by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick; 10-31-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:26 AM
Launching!

I called and chatted with Lane about his setup. Very nice guy and seems to be a great company, but the price was $150 more than the TSPs. Plus, TSP gave me a dealer discount (Im the sales manager of a shop here in Charlotte, i set us up as a dealer with them). Lanes wanted no part of that. Damn if im gonna pay retail for anything in the car business. Regardless, his systems look good.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

I was just wondering, how do the TSP duals connect to the headers? Do they come with flanges? Can some one post some pics of the header and tsp dual connection? Thanks
Old 11-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Restricted User

I just got my TSD true duals last Friday. I couldn't stand the banging y-pipe and *** sounding exhaust any more either. When I first puth them on I thought it was pretty loud and was ready to swap the bullets with a set of Borla XR1's. Well after driving to the track Sunday I didn't think it was so bad, when I jumped on it, well I was shocked how good it sounded. It was loud but it wasn't that nasty ORY cat back sound. It sounded like if not better than my buddies Big Block Nova. I got a bunch of compliments at the track as well. My car is lowered and I really didn't have trouble driving. I would think they would rub on a big speed bump so just be careful.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
I just got my TSD true duals last Friday. I couldn't stand the banging y-pipe and *** sounding exhaust any more either. When I first puth them on I thought it was pretty loud and was ready to swap the bullets with a set of Borla XR1's. Well after driving to the track Sunday I didn't think it was so bad, when I jumped on it, well I was shocked how good it sounded. It was loud but it wasn't that nasty ORY cat back sound. It sounded like if not better than my buddies Big Block Nova. I got a bunch of compliments at the track as well. My car is lowered and I really didn't have trouble driving. I would think they would rub on a big speed bump so just be careful.
Im sure it will take a bit of getting used to on my part. But hey, as long as they sound "good-loud" and not "butthole-loud" like it does now I am fine with that. I mean seriously, even putting the false-knock inducing horreduous banging out of the picture for a minute, the exhaust note itself makes my SKIN CRAWL. Its hard to belive thats my previously nice, throaty, wonderful sounding Borla catback on there. Raspy, mettalic, tinking, hollow, worthless noise. . Ok you get the point. I am so praying these TSPs come through with no banging and a half-*** decent sound. If they dont, i dont really have a "plan C" at this point. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Restricted User

I was getting 4* knock retard with the Y pipe. I got 0* retard with the TD's. No Raspy, mettalic, tinking, hollow, worthless noise here...
Old 11-02-2004, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deividas93GT
I was just wondering, how do the TSP duals connect to the headers? Do they come with flanges? Can some one post some pics of the header and tsp dual connection? Thanks
they slip over the header collectors, and use band clamps.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Do all of the TSPs hang down low like that? Mine hang just about 1/2 lower then the bottom of the rear. Lane made mine is the reason I ask.
mine tucks up pretty well. its not to much lower than my Y-pipe was when stock.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Launching!

I was getting 4* knock retard with the Y pipe. I got 0* retard with the TD's. No Raspy, mettalic, tinking, hollow, worthless noise here...
Excellent. I have every confidence this will work out how i want it to. Yes i am pulling about 4 deg myself. Drives me nuts, especially seeing as how I already detuned it to 25 deg for the spray.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Restricted User

I am running 30* timing at WOT and no knock!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Launching!

I am running 30* timing at WOT and no knock!!!
I would be happy with 25-27* and no KR. This would be for an extra margin of safety on the spray. I should be seeing the exhaust today or tomorrow. Not a minute too soon, it seriously depresses me to drive my car right now. I avoid it as much as I can.