Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can This Intake Setup Be Setup Without A Headache?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can This Intake Setup Be Setup Without A Headache?

I've got the LSX 90mm intake and TB sitting around in boxes because I can't afford to have my car down for complications. I have a Z28 with the Ram Air II hood and WS6 lower airbox. When I bought the stuff at MTI, they sold me the coupler that goes between the TB and MAF. The coupler seems to be for an 85mm MAF. The main problems I see are that the WS6 lower airbox puts the lid at an angle that doesn't allow the MAF to be parallel to the TB. Also, if I get an 85mm MAF, how is is supposed to connect to the lid? There is so little space between the lid and TB, that this looks like it may turn into a nightmare. Is there any such thing as an 85mm lid? Does anyone have any experience with this? The WS6 guys can chime in since I have the same setup as you. Anything constructive would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hmm. You are putting on an LSX 90mm intake/tb and you don't have a lid? Interesting.....

Do a search for 85mm lid. You'll be amazed at what you will find. TSP makes one.

Is the Ram Air II hood one of those that seals to a flat filter? If so, you may encounter issues running a lid. I'm just not sure which hood you're talking about.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a lid, just not one that will fit an 85mm MAF. Also, if you do a google search for Ram AIr II, you will see the hood I am talking about.