Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator

Does anyone know how to adjust how your car upshifts and downshifts with a Predator. I've tried many different mph settings and there is no effect. I read for changing rear end gears, changing the gear setting on a Predator has no effect. You have to change wheel size. I thought there might be something like that for the shift points.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Launching!

You have to obtain the computer kit as if u were going to buy a download tune and they can fix it like that. download the software and hook up your predator and give them a call about your problem
Old 10-31-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
You have to obtain the computer kit as if u were going to buy a download tune and they can fix it like that. download the software and hook up your predator and give them a call about your problem
Are you saying I can not adjust the shift points myself?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Restricted User

I adjusted them, used mph increase of 1-2mph, then 2-3mph for 2-3rd & 3-4th. Set rpms higher to avoid shifting at the lower rpm setting. I used mph its easier to dial in. FWIW I never had, nor my friends, to pay for a "custom tune" and it was always EU friendly. Hell I had my Revlimiter set at 7200....all you have to do is ask!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Launching!

What I meant was that I have the same problem. I keep hitting the rev limiter on the 2-3rd shifts. I keep adjusting mph and rev limits but it does nothing. try setting your shift time all the way to -25% so it shifts faster. I never had that problem until I changed from 4.10's to 4.56's. And I have a stall so My rpms go through the range super fast. I really can't do anymore on mine since I already did that. I have heard from other people and by doing a search that the programmers have that problem. U don't have to buy a tune. Its just how they fix it. My guess is that they retune it online incase it lost software or has a glich. If not they might ask u to send it back for repair. Its the same with the gear ratio. the Diablosport website reps say they can also fix the gear ratio problem. I think its all propoganda to get u to use the downloading options then it is easier for them to sell u a tune for any other parts like headers, cam, etc.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Restricted User

Shift time adjutment is crutch for that particular problem.
Understand I am in Afganistan right now, so I dont have acess to my predator or car, but memory serving as it will...
You adjust the mph up, say 2mph for that shift if you want it to hold that gear longer, and then raise the rpm more than what it would see at that rpm, so if at shifts now at 32mph @ 5400rpms, you raise is like this: 34mph @ 5800rpms, keep in mind your rev limiter must be set higher too, of the RL is set to 5650 it will likely smack it on a shift. Shift time can get the shift itself quicker, but also reduces life of a stock trans too. Change fluid more often, I did mine every other month or about 2500 miles with oil. No problems until i forgot to change it a few times and added a 200shot on it.
If you have a logging tool you will see at what mph and rpm your actually shifting at, makes this process less of guess and more like reading science.

Good luck.

Charlie
Old 11-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Restricted User

james@runninwiththedevil.com not sure if he still uses that email, if so, he is the predator tuning guru. He never charged me or my island brothers for tunes and in turn we gave him all the data and feedback we could on the diablo.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe I wasn't clear on my problem. My car upshifts through all the gears well before I am going 30 mph. Throttle opening doesn't matter. Also, it does not down shift. I had the throttle position sensor checked and it is working. Its as if the computer has no effect at all and adjustments on the Predator do nothing.

Last edited by Silver02; 11-02-2004 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Another thing that I do is I reset all tunes and parameters to stock using the programmer. then I install the regular performance tune. THEN, i change parameters.a total of 3 tunes before racing. Its long but I have noticed that it is more efective than just goig tune after tune