Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

91 coupe mustang kills supercharged z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 coupe mustang kills supercharged z06

this is by far one of the best races i have seen. a black z06 supercharged that some claim puts down 550rwhp. it has all bolt ons and i believe a blower cam. the other car was a 91 coupe mustang with a 03 cobra motor swap boosted with full exhaust. it was at a really low mph roll (probably 10mph) and as soon as they both punched it the coupe was a car ahead and kept pulling away from the z06 all the way til way passed 100mph. funny thing is that the guy who drove the coupe said all the car had was heads and cam, but once he punched it, the typical 03 cobra wine came alive and it left us drooling not realizing what this motor can do with a light weight vehicle. the coupe weighed around 2800 lbs and when he popped the hood there was no sign of nos or nothing like that. from what i understand this is the same guy that used to own a black 03 cobra, but after he totaled his car he went out and bought this used coupe and dropped a 03 cobra motor. i am going to try to video tape the next race they are going to have and post it here. it is going to be from a dig and it should be pretty interesting.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

damn, like you said that 03 motor in a light chassis is lethel.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mach1
damn, like you said that 03 motor in a light chassis is lethel.
nasty man. lethal isnt the word. also, there is a guy here finishing up a motor swap on another coupe. but this motor is from a 02 lightning..it has been a pain in the *** to do because of the height of this engine, but something tells me that this swap would be more lethal due to the torque this 5.4 l has
Old 11-01-2004, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
nasty man. lethal isnt the word. also, there is a guy here finishing up a motor swap on another coupe. but this motor is from a 02 lightning..it has been a pain in the *** to do because of the height of this engine, but something tells me that this swap would be more lethal due to the torque this 5.4 l has
I need the spelling mod
I cant wait to see some of these cars on video, that L motor in a coupe is going to look insane as high as that sucker is!
Old 11-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Ive seen an L motor swapped into a 99 GT. Had to cut and graph on a reveresed 6" Harwood scoop, and it juuuust did clear. Sick *** setup though. Looked like a Photoshop only it was right there in front of you.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PHANTA-Z
Ive seen an L motor swapped into a 99 GT. Had to cut and graph on a reveresed 6" Harwood scoop, and it juuuust did clear. Sick *** setup though. Looked like a Photoshop only it was right there in front of you.
i would love to see what kind of times would light mustang have with a 5.4l supercharged motor in it. what would u guys say? may be high elevens?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine swapped a lightning enigine into an '86 coupe a while back. I think it went mid-10's at 130. I'll have to find the article.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Launching!

the zo6 has a stock cam, ati procharger, longtubes, x-pipe, corsa catback.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen a vid of an older Fox body Stang with an '03 Cobra motor swap, and that thing was fast as hell. That must have been quite a sight...bet the Vette guy was kinda confused.

Steve