Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Funnest night of my short life!

Old 11-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funnest night of my short life!

Ok, I was bored so I decided just to go for a cruise around town. I was maybe a mile from my house and a bunch of older kids(18,19,20) that I have recognized from when they went to my high school a few years ago pull up next to me and start yelling if I wanna race a Red Mustang. Of course I said sure and they told me to follow them. We turned around and started to head to their house and I see my future competition. It was a 03 Cobra with new exhaust and intake that I have seen around town. Immediately I was like "no way man, that thing would kill me" so I pull over and talk to all of them and there was a 94-98 Gt with a Borla exhaust there, the 03 Cobra, a 04 Lightning and they guy that lives at the house has a 94 modded TT Rx-7 and his father has an 01 Supercharged GT. I pull over and talk to them and I decide to race the 94-98 GT with Borla. We are cruisin in first gear and I told him that when he hits it I will do the same so he hits it and gets the jump and we go from about 10 to 70 and I can see his whole car in my rearview. We pull over into a store and talk some more and he tells me that he knew he would lose but it was still fun and of course we complemented each other on our rides. Then I decide to race the 04 Lightning, everyone was really excited cause this would be a good race so I follow out the Lightning with the 03 Cobra and older Gt behind us, we are rolling at 30 and he honks 3 times and we hit it, by about 90 or so I had 1 to 1 1/2 cars on him! There was a 4way stop coming up so we decide to go from a stop. I turn the traction control off so I would not bog and tell him to gun it and I will follow so he does and I do to but I spin through 1st and half of 2nd and once I catch he is about 1/2 car ahead of me and remains that distance till 100 when we cut off. At about 90 I hear this loud supercharger and look in my rearview and the 03 Cobra FLIES by us going about 130 like we were barely moving. We turn around and go back to the guys house and talk some more and they all completement me on my car and cant believe a 16 year old owns this car and how they were excited and said I was cool for actually following them because most people just say F-U and drive off! They ask if I wanna follow them to go muddin in a truck but I decline and head on my way. But not before exchanging numbers becasue they race almost every weekend. As I am heading out they ask if I know a guy at my school with an older Cobra convertable that thinks his car is fastest in the world and I say I did and they tell me next time I see him to waste him and put him in his place. My adrenaline is pumping that was SO MUCH FUN! Before yall start saying that im 16 and dont have enough experience I know, i know but would you pass up this opportunity? and plus I won 2 out of 3 of them! Sorry this is so long
Cliff Notes - Beat modded 94-98 GT and beat and lost to a 04 Lightning!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a fun night, be careful out though.
Lord knows I didnt have enough restraint/experience/knowledge to not be a dumbass to drive a car with that much power. Just make sure you get comfortable in the car and dont to anything stupid and hurt the car or yourself
[/parental mode off]
Old 11-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Nice kills, your stock right?
Old 11-02-2004, 09:45 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am usually a sarcastic **** on this board, and think badly of most young people due to their attitudes. Your post was fantastic, and you seem very down to earth. Thanks for making me realize that not all teenagers are *****. Drive safe...I couldn't have had a fast car when I was 16, I would be dead!!!!

SDB
Old 11-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Those are some fun races, you should have raced the Cobra too for kicks! Instead he did a ricer fly by,typical 03 Cobra! Just kidding.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant believe the cobra did the flyby, thats the only part i dont approve of lol. good runs!! i ran a lighting from about a 25 punch and had him by roughly 2 cars by 90 or so. i would never think they could hook up from 0. oh well.

what kinda power is an 04 lightning making? the same as the old ones?

Old 11-03-2004, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those sounded like some fun runs. What is the 04 lightning at? I figured they would edge out an LS1? And the cobra.....he was just trying to catch up......
Old 11-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

04 Lightnings got alot of new things from older years. I believe their 0-60 is rated at 5.2
Old 11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet runs. Glad to know there is another teenager out there thats not a DA when they get behind the wheel! Good luck with the car. I got mine when I was 16 too so I know what you were talking about when the people were in disbelief of your age. Keep the ruber side down.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

daddy must LOVE you

j/p got my Z28 when i was 16(just turned 18) but i had to pay for it

Search this Thread