Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont crank help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 06:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont crank help

My car will only start up whenever it wants to lol. My friend and I just replaced the clutch and slave cylinder in the car and at first it wouldnt crank at all. The starter was working fine we could hear it turing but it wasnt turning over the engine. I did get my flywheel resurfaced and I asked the machine shop that did it if they took the ring gear off the flywheel and they said no. We also tryed to make the ring gear slip and we had no luck with that at all. We also tryed to shim the starter and that didnt work either. We thought that the bindex in the starter was bad so I got another starter. Still no luck only now the car will start about half the time really whenever it felt like it so we thought maybe a bad starter again. So I took that one back again and it still does the same thing, it only cranks about half the time. So Im wondering do I have another bad starter or what. Please help me if u have seen anything like this. Thanks