Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start?

I was going to test out my line-lock and do a nice burnout on some old tires. I started out in 1st geat, then 2nd, and then 3rd. Once i shifted into 3rd gear, my clutch started to slip and then a bunch of sparks shot out from under my car. I let off, and noticed the engagement of the clutch was down at the bottom of the floor. I then stalled my car, and after that it would not start. It acted like the battery was dead. The next day the clutch felt fine, but the car still would not start. I tried to jump the car, but nothing happend, all i hear is a ticking noise like the battery is dead. I got under the hood and could not find any loose conections, or any tell tell signs.

Could this be my starter, alternator, or did i break something?

thanks
Old 11-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by aQuickLS1
I was going to test out my line-lock and do a nice burnout on some old tires. I started out in 1st geat, then 2nd, and then 3rd. Once i shifted into 3rd gear, my clutch started to slip and then a bunch of sparks shot out from under my car. I let off, and noticed the engagement of the clutch was down at the bottom of the floor. I then stalled my car, and after that it would not start. It acted like the battery was dead. The next day the clutch felt fine, but the car still would not start. I tried to jump the car, but nothing happend, all i hear is a ticking noise like the battery is dead. I got under the hood and could not find any loose conections, or any tell tell signs.

Could this be my starter, alternator, or did i break something?

thanks
check to see if the clutch peddal is up all the way, maybe the switch at the top of the peddal is not engaged.
can you tell if the starter is trying to engage, may be the clutch came apart and pieces of the clutch has got the starter jammed.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Well i took the old battery up to autozone to get it checked and they said it was a bad battery. I put the new battery in and it still wont start. Now theres a loud click, and you can see the belts jump a little. Should i take my starter up to autozone to get them to check it?

Also, i messed around with the adjustable master cylinder, and the clutch pedal feels fine. The pedal is also all the way up too. I ran i through all the gears and didnt have a problem.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

If the belts are jumping, it sounds like something is binding between the starter and the flywheel. If a bunch of sparks flew out, maybe they were caused by flywheel/spring contact or maybe a rivet. Regardless, it sounds like some piece of some **** has gotten jammed in the works somewhere. If you keep trying to crank it with the starter motor jammed, it will burn that bitch up.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies.
How hard would it be to try and find out what is causing this? Im a little low on cash right now and would like to try and fix it myself.

Thanks again
Old 11-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by aQuickLS1
Thanks for the replies.
How hard would it be to try and find out what is causing this? Im a little low on cash right now and would like to try and fix it myself.

Thanks again
pull the starter, and look in the houseing of the starter, and the flywheel.
see if there is any stuff that would jam it.
good luck.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

Watch out for that Ground wire or you'll be