Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faulty MAF translator??

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Faulty MAF translator??

Here is the deal, I put the MAFT on my car today with the settings at 0, so there should be no change.. then I get a P101 code for low voltage.. hmmm

So, my dad has a old scan tool at his work that we use sometimes and without the MAFT hooked up.. it reads the MAF fine, showing variance when the throttle is touched..etc..

We checked the reading on the MAF with the translator hooked up, set at 0 and it showed 0.30 not matter what we did.. then we unplugged the MAF altogether and it read 0.30.. which i'm assuming is what the computer states when it goes into speed density mode...

So, is there something that we are missing about hooking it up or is the MAFT I bought junk??
Old 11-08-2004, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

TTT please
Old 11-08-2004, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

I had one go bad on me several years back. I spoke w/ people on the forum, and at the time, not many people had heard about them dying. I would plug mine up and the car would start, then die. Unplug it and plug in the MAF normally, and it ran like a champ.

I know this doesn't help your situation, but I thought it'd be good to know that at least one other person had theirs fail.