Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0121 In-Range Operating Throttle Position Sensor circuit failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0121 In-Range Operating Throttle Position Sensor circuit failure

I've got a '98 Z28 M6 and I picked it up from the shop after a new tune and install of LS6 intake (w/o EGR) and a ported throttle body. On the way home, the SES light came on. I took it to Autozone that night, scanned and two codes came up.

P0121 In-Range Operating Throttle Position Sensor circuit failure.
P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation circuit rang/performance

I could care less about the EGR code .. I think the tuner just neglected to delete EGR stuff from my computer.

But the TPS one worries me a bit. The ported throttle body I was given from an online shop had a slightly larger pedal than my original '98 throttle body. Does this have to be accounted for through tuning or should I not even be using a throttle-body with a larger pedal? I've also read that the computer simply just throws this code after a cam swap and tune, which I had done before my recent trip to the shop, and has to "learn" the tune. After the initial install of my cam and tune I did get an SES light, but it disappeared before I got a chance to scan it .. and I'm thinking it may have been the same P0121 code.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Sean

Last edited by Jolly^Roger; 11-08-2004 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: P0121 In-Range Operating Throttle Position Sensor circuit failure