Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not really a kill, just an annoying bumble-bee...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Not really a kill, just an annoying bumble-bee...

Well, so I'm driving out to my girl's house the other night and I have to stop at a gas station near the highway to fill up. I pull in and get out and start pumping just in time to see this kid come running out of the quickie-mart and jump in a little civic hatchback. He proceeds to start it, rev it all over the damn gas station, then go flying down the road. He gets to the first intersection, flips a U-ie (at a red light), comes tearing back in the gas station and starts revving it again. Around this time I'm about $26 up on the pump and almost done. I was trying to figure out what this guy's deal was when he jumped out of the car and tossed the keys to a slightly ticked-looking guy and I figure out he actually owned the thing and was letting his buddy take it for a spin. Ok, I think, no need to worry about a race tonight (one of those, 'is it really worth my time' kinda things). Well, the other guy gets in, starts it up and starts revving it as bad as the first! Ok, what the hell, I think and I start mine up, give the oil some time to build pressure and then rip through a couple of 6K revs (see my sig for exhaust ). So he predictably pulls over near me as I'm pulling away from the pump, leans out the window and yells "hey, wanna race for pinks?" I guess no one taught him about heads-up racing before because all I had to do was look at his window to see his bracket dial-in in shoe-polish: 14.10. I laughed so hard I almost spit out the water I was drinking all over my dash. After seeing this and asking him if he was really serious he says, "no, I'm just joking..." at this point I'm thinking he's an ok guy until he finishes with "... but when I get my 125 shot, we could do it then."

Yeah, long story I know... but I thought it was funny
Old 11-09-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

I would tell him to call me when he does, get some DR's, Own him, sell his car, and mod mine with the money.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

run for pink sell his car put 125 shot on your car.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Uno99
run for pink sell his car put 125 shot on your car.
I was thinkin the same thing
Old 11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

speaking of spitting out water i almost did the same thing to my monitor
Old 11-11-2004, 04:50 AM
12 Second Club

hahahaha