Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Well, i'll post the kills and the spanking i recieved

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, i'll post the kills and the spanking i recieved

Two weekends ago, the wife and I decide to have my bro watch our kiddo's for the evening and take a trip down to Austin for a night of kid free debauchery .. lol.
We were originally gonna take the bike (really the reason for the trip) but there was some rain inbetween Dallas and Waco. We opted to take my car instead, this turned out to be the right decision. It rained like gangbusters for the first hour and would have been hell on earth if we'd had taken the bike. Ok, enough prelude and on with the races:

1st up: 199x 740i beamer.
I was cruising along at a nice clip of 80-85 and i see flashing headlights coming up on my FAST.. so i move outta the fast lane and when i realize that it's not a po po.. or emergency vehichle i drop to 3rd and wait. As soon as he gets even with me.. i nail the throttle like a cheap hooker.
In doing so I instantly stop his progress and goto 5th and pace him.. i look over and the windows are so dark i can't see anthing inside the car.. but i did however notice the hood raise ever so slightly as he started to accelerate. I look at the wife and she's content in her own little world listening to some Sgt. Pepper (I know.. i'm old) so I mat it and put 3-4 cars on him by 130 or so.. this is when the little lady decides that's enough throttle, i know this because she pinched me so hard i still have a bruise.. lol. I let off and wait for him at around my normal speed of 80-85, he comes up and starts to roll the window down.. then stops rolls it up and nails it again ??? I let him go and paced him at around 100-105 all the way to Round Rock (just outside of Austin) and there was much rejoicing having a 'Pig Flusher' all that way. I must say that this beamer was pretty quick.

2nd up: 90ish talon (lot's o sticker mobile)
I exited onto FM2222 and hear the loug obnoxious sound of an angry bumble bee on roids.. I let him get beside me and he's rev'in the car which what had to be at redline for 10-25 sec's.. lol. I give him the nod and the jump.. i leave it in 3rd and pace him from about 35 - 50 and then put my foot through the floor.. bye bye talon.. it wasn't really much of a race, but since i am listing in order of appearance.. there ya go.

3rd up: 200? Bullit.
This time we are on the way back home from a long night of drinking many beers at some friends house.. did i mention MANY beers.
In turn, the wife is driving my car.. as i'm trying not to hack and stomache some mickey d's and a soda. So, we were just about to Temple when a Bullit comes by us fairly quick 90+ or so .. I tell the wife.. your not gonna let her do that to ya are ya?? (I'ma instigator by heart) Just as I said that a Blue GT with exhaust at least comes right after the bullit, hmmmmm. I keep tellin the wife to stay with em.. stay with em'.. but there was too much traffic to and these folks were driving like idiots.. pulling the ricer quick manuvar in and out of traffic and cutting people off etc etc. I was fully awake and perky by this point and we stayed a car out or two for a while until we got to Hillsboro. At this point I-35 splits to 35 W Ft worth and 35 S Dallas, I tell the wife it will open up here in just a sec. so jockey for position and maybe we can get a 3 way goin. Well, the GT pull abrubtly to the right lane and takes the Dallas side of the split and we continued to the Ft. worth side of the split with the bullit. we creep up to the bullit and bam.. she nails it. the wife follows suit.. only were not gaining any.. hmmm Honey.. could you gind it in your heart to at least drop outta sixth gear to 5th?? better yet got to 4th (we were already doing 75+) she finally goes to 4th and blows by the bullit and put many.. many cars on it. She looked down and freaked becuause she was goin about 135-140.. she let's off and taps the brakes. I look over and the bullit finally catches up rolls the window down.. and two surprises happened then.. for one, it was a guy and two gave us some kind of hand gesture.. not a bird or thumbs up.. couldn't really tell what he kind of sign he was making.. lol. at any rate.. i was happy, the wife was shaking and giddy and the guy in the bullit.. well, he had had better days. Not only lost badly.. but to a girl.

Last race on the trip:
After the bullit race we pulled over to get gas just outside of burleson, i'm pumping gas and notice a sweet looking 2000+ Blue GT, looks to have exhaust and some tasteful ground effects on it. I pump my gas a little slower and tell the wife jump over i'm driving the rest of the way home
I procrastinate long enough (fidling with the radio and taking 3 min to put my seatbelt on) for the guy to come out to his car and hear me fire mine up.. he bites, he quickly jumps in his car and follows me out of the gas station and tails me onto the freeway. I jump out to the left lane and wait on him.. he got stuck behind a truck for a second then gets even with me. I'm in 2nd rolling at around 40ish and roll down the window.. about then bam.. hood raises and he jumps out a car on me.. i mash the pedal and quick shift 3rd and wind it out. I put one car on him in 3rd and a couple more in 4th.. and let out. I wait on the guy.. but i quess he really didn't like the outcome.. as i see him give me the one finger salute and take the next exit. Go figure.. sore looser.. i was gonna give him props on a really nice looking GT.

That was the end of the weekend festivities.. we get home and business as usual on Monday morning.. oh joy. Well the heavens decide to unleash buckets of water on the way home that monday and it's literally standing water on the freeway. Let me say this.. the prelude to my loss is in no way making excuses.. just some info. I hit a very deep puddle and my car starts to surge and the SES light starts to flash.. i pull it outta gear and rev the engine a little and it clears up.. hmmm. I think i must have gotten some water in somewhere it shouldn't have been, because after that my car in 1st, 2nd and part of third at partial throttle would kinda hesitate/surge.. i'm thinking time to change the fuel filter and run some cleaner through the system. Well, the next day the weather was quite nice after the storm we had the day before.. so i take my car up to blockbusters in Arlington do my usual 3 movie in 3 movie out deal and was heading home. My car is still running real choppy at part throttle.. but no biggie.. let's just make it until i'm low on gas and then i'll pull the filter and drain the tank and take it from there. As luck would have it.. i'm turning onto 360 and a very sweet sounding Sliver Stang GT comes up beside me, without thinking about it I go to second and wait for him to jump.. he does and I follow suit.. my car stutters for a sec and then goes.. it's too late the GT kept the 1 - 1 1/2 car lead up until well over a 100.. I concede and shut her down. This is my first loss to a Mustang GT ever.. matter of fact it's my first loss to a Mustang on the street period.

No excuses from me.. he had a very fast GT and prolly would have won or been real close to neck and neck even if my car was running right. If he's on here i'll have a rematch after i figure out what's going on with my car. This was a 2000+ GT Silver with dual pod a pillar and nasty sounding exhaust. I gave the guy a thumbs up and took my exit.. too bad i couldn't stop and talk with him.. as he just kept gunning it. Oh well.. can't win them all.

Just thought i would share.. good and bad.

be safe.. and keep it between the lines.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey, where was that blue GT what gas station??? Im in burleson so I will give him the finger salute when I see him I hate sore losers

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 11-10-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Good runs
Old 11-10-2004, 11:34 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

no kidding sounds all in all like a good weekend
Old 11-10-2004, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

nice kills and death, maybe i'll see you around arlington sometime and we can run em.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

mach1
you got it man.. by the looks of your sig and some of your posts.. i think i'll need the little red toggle switch..