PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU tuner ever expected for the Colorado platform?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU tuner ever expected for the Colorado platform?

I'm in DIRE need. I'm tired of the speed limiter, tired of the lackluster midrange performance, and tire of the fact that I can FEEL the ECU sapping the performance out of my li'l 3.5L I5.

Has anyone heard anything about a company that is trying to come out with a tuner for these things? I expect that the VVT system is giving them all fits, but I'd really like to unlock the potential of my truck.

She's already quick for a stocker, (15.52@88) but I want to tickle the 14's with just tires and a tuner.

HELP!!
Old 11-12-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slo86GT
I'm in DIRE need. I'm tired of the speed limiter, tired of the lackluster midrange performance, and tire of the fact that I can FEEL the ECU sapping the performance out of my li'l 3.5L I5.

Has anyone heard anything about a company that is trying to come out with a tuner for these things? I expect that the VVT system is giving them all fits, but I'd really like to unlock the potential of my truck.

She's already quick for a stocker, (15.52@88) but I want to tickle the 14's with just tires and a tuner.

HELP!!
It may not be the ECU. Remember, trucks are designed for torque. There is surely power to be gained with programming, but you may also have to look at intake design, throttle body, cam profile, restrictive exhaust, etc. I think you may have your sights set a little high on that one. Do those Colorados come with posi? What's the curb weight?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've test driven one. I know what he's talking about, mainly the lack of torque down low and lazy shift pts. I don't think any exhaust valve timing kicked in untill 4500 to 5000 rpm. Untill then it was pretty slow. Working on some down low ingnition timing and lowering the vavle timeing 1000rpm or so lower I think would open the engine up quite a bit. Also TM is very present in the colorado.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

That's pretty weak. I can't believe it is lacking torque down low. But I looked at the Colorados when they first hit the lot, and from the looks of them I really was not impressed at all. They don't look to be too high quality.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

HP Tuners is going to have one!! At least that is what they told me. It might take a few more months though..

Bill