Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudmouth muffler on Borla?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loudmouth muffler on Borla?

I got borla exhaust an i love it alot but its just not as loud as i pictured....is there a way i can just buy a bullet (loudmouth) muffler and put it on my exhaust system??? if so, does anybody know where i can purchase one??
Old 11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you put the bullet on it wont help, you would need to dump the borla system. My suggestion is just get a cut out and put it in the I-pipe. My buddy has the borla with the cut-out and with the cut-out open it sounds almost exactly like my loudmouth exhaust. So just go to a sponsors website, like www.tbyrne.com and order a cut-out for 40 bucks and have an exhaust shop weld it into your I-pipe. Trust me you will love it!
Old 11-11-2004, 04:32 AM
12 Second Club

LoudMouth doesn't have a muffler, that's why a cut-out before the muffler would make a Borla sound like a LM...
Old 11-11-2004, 06:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GAME OVER
I got borla exhaust an i love it alot but its just not as loud as i pictured....is there a way i can just buy a bullet (loudmouth) muffler and put it on my exhaust system??? if so, does anybody know where i can purchase one??

You want to make it louder buy replacing your borla with a bullet? A dynomax bullet and a loud mouth muffler are two different mufflers. If your wanting you make your exaust louder you can install headers and ditch the cats. Also borla is adjustable, just take all the plates out to make it louder.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:03 AM
Launching!

i always thought borla with open plates was basically a loudmouth
Old 11-11-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yup, i'm willing to bet that it hasn't been opened up yet, btw, welding in a different muffler is kinda rediculous, and a waste of money. Just get a cutout or different system