Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who else has LT's + ory + LM or any exhaust w/ no mufflers....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who else has LT's + ory + LM or any exhaust w/ no mufflers....

In the past week I got LT's and ory installed (along with an LS6 intake) mated to my existing SLP LM catback (most will know that the LM has no mufflers). So it's basically just straight unhindered tubing from the engine back.

Let me tell you this thing is pretty insanely loud. At WOT it literally sounds like all hell breaking loose. I gunned it once in first gear in traffic while going under an underpass (which obviously amplifies the sound) and it not only scared the shiznit out of the drivers around me, but it scared me a little bit too, lol. Good stuff....but it might get old.

One thing I am not crazy about is at a certain rpm and at a certain engine load there is this point where it goes from a nice deep humm to a sort of slow paced loud rap-rap-rap-rap sound. This goes away as the rpm's increase but for the time it kinda sounds like a Semi who's exhaust just fell off or something...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friends SS has LT's, no cats and LM. gets bad rasp, we got used to it now its not so bad anymore. but its mean as hell at WOT!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

I had the exact same setup, and I hated the rasp I cut out the resonator of the loudmouth and put in a dynomax race bullet muffler, it's still loud, but not as raspy, and sounds a little deeper.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Launching!

I cut out the resonator of the loudmouth and put in a dynomax race bullet muffler, it's still loud, but not as raspy, and sounds a little deeper
i had the same setup...but the rasp got old really fast...what I did was get a Borla XR-1 muffler and put it in place of the bullet. Rasp has been reduced DRAMATICALLY.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I know exactly what your're talking about, I have Hooker LT's, off road y and Loud Mouth and at about 2500 rpms the exhaust tone sounds like a truck's shitty exhaust and then it goes away at about 2900 rpms. It didn't do that when I had the SLP "larger diameter" y-pipe. I bet that if you change you y-pipe the "rap-rap" sound WILL go away.