Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pacesetter ORY

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default New Pacesetter ORY

Is there a new Pacesetter ORY pipe? I have a guy on ebay that sells them and the picture doesnt show the flat spots on the driver side. I asked him about it and he said it was a true 3" pipe with no flat spots.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Junkie

t-t-t
Old 11-13-2004, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Texas Speed, they're listed in the sponsor column to your right. ---->
Old 11-14-2004, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

I have the image of nearly every page of nearly every sponsors website permanately burned in my retina's. I have yet to hear or see anything about this true 3" with no flat areas on it Y pipe from Pacesetter.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:48 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this the one that you are talking about...?

I found that one this morning on ebay and can't tell if that is the same as the TSP off road ypipe or if it is Pacesetters own offroad y.

I have asked TSP a couple times now for some side by side pics of their off road ypipe compared to the standard Pacesetter y-pipe but all they say is its just like the catted version which there is a pic of on the website.

Does anyone have a pic of their offroad ypipe compared to the standard pacesetter ypipe? I found that one above for $112.99 but would rather support a sponsor if they would hook us up with some stinking pictures.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 11-14-2004 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is not the TSP Y-pipe. It comes with four sections.

I got the TSP ORY and it kinda sucked. I can't get it to fit right and it wouldn't even fit to my pacesetter headers. I had to manually expand it to fit the headers. I also had to manually expand the y-pipe sections to fit each other. I must have gotten the Friday ORY, lol.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

I've read about update Pacesetter headers. Not to much as been up out about a updated y-pipe. However, the one on eBay looks pretty good if it actually fits.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:31 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Just a quick update.... I looked around the web and that pic above is what is the pacesetter ypipe. What you are looking at is the bottom, but I'm not sure if the top is still dented in... can't really tell from the pic. They do call it a true 3" ypipe, not sure what exactly that means.

I still would love to see side by side pics of the TSP off road y-pipe vs. the standard pacesetter y. Even the merge looks similar to the catted version on their website.

I will be buying longtubes this week, but can't get anyone to really help and show some better stinking pictures.

Makes me want to buy straight from ebay and save the coin.... but would rather help out the sponsors of the site, but they need to give us some feedback as well.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

I can take some pictures of the TSP ORY installed today if you want... if I remember

The merge collector on the TSP ORY looks different from that one shown above.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Keenov
I can take some pictures of the TSP ORY installed today if you want... if I remember

The merge collector on the TSP ORY looks different from that one shown above.
Pleease do if you remember, I just got myPacesetters and TSP ORY today,will be installing this weekend. Any input as far as install tips,first impressions, leaks? would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Guys please post some pics or just email them to myself and I'll do what I can to post them. Take pics on the ground if you want. I am trying to figure out what route to take and haven't gotten any diffinitive answers yet.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

I have no way of sending pics or I would. I feel your pain though, I tried to get anyone to post a pic for a week of the TSP ORY, did searches, asked TSP. No pics. I decided after sifting through the pages of searches,that many ppl had good things to say about the TSP ORY and there were MANY complaints about the Pacesetter, to just spend the extra $20 and get the TSP.
First impressions: the headers look great! Clelan welds, coating looks good.
The Y pipe also looks good, though some of the slip joints seem like they fit loose, while others will need some persuasion to go together. And I think I'm gonna have the Ypipe connections welded after its fitted as I can't see how it will not leak with the band clamps provided.
Again, I just received these parts today,and am looking at them on the floor, so I may have different opinions of them after install.
Sorry to ramble Good luck getting a pic of the "ever elusive TSP ORY"
Old 11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Is this the one that you are talking about...?

I found that one this morning on ebay and can't tell if that is the same as the TSP off road ypipe or if it is Pacesetters own offroad y.

I have asked TSP a couple times now for some side by side pics of their off road ypipe compared to the standard Pacesetter y-pipe but all they say is its just like the catted version which there is a pic of on the website.

Does anyone have a pic of their offroad ypipe compared to the standard pacesetter ypipe? I found that one above for $112.99 but would rather support a sponsor if they would hook us up with some stinking pictures.
Look ay the plastic bag of hardware in this pic and you will see that this is a Hooker y pipe.

I will post where I saw the y pipe in a minute.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

OK here it is. It is the same pic. The guy is calling it a Pacesetter Y pipe but its the Hooker. That explains why when I asked him if it had the flat spots on it he said no. It doesnt explain why he is calling it a Pacesetter but the price is very nice at 357 for coated pace headers and 112 for this Hooker y pipe.

Y PIPE
Old 11-15-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Full-Force
OK here it is. It is the same pic. The guy is calling it a Pacesetter Y pipe but its the Hooker. That explains why when I asked him if it had the flat spots on it he said no. It doesnt explain why he is calling it a Pacesetter but the price is very nice at 357 for coated pace headers and 112 for this Hooker y pipe.

Y PIPE

Good eye man, I don't think that I would have caught that one..
Old 11-15-2004, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Y PIPE
At that price I'd suspect that he really is selling the Pacesetter Y pipe but just using the photo of the Hooker Y.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Junkie

probably so, but

i asked him if it had the flat spots on the under side of it and he said no ... he said it is a true 3" pipe

if i got it in with flat spots after he said no the i would be the 1st person he talked to when he woke up and the last person he talked to when he went to bed
Old 11-15-2004, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

probably so, but
i asked him if it had the flat spots on the under side of it and he said no ... he said it is a true 3" pipe
True, good point.
Maybe the latest Pacesetter Y has no more flat spot?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:39 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Well, I saw that same thing (the hooker parts bag) and came up with one of two different reasons...

A. It could just be hooker clamps and such that they outsource to include with the ypipe.

B. They outsource the construction of the ypipe to hooker and include it.

I checked a bunch of the sponsors website on the right for whoever had a pic of the pacesetter ypipe and found at least one that had that same exact pic as the pacesetter ypipe, so that guy probably is not lying. Fact is, I could beleive the price of $115ish because its probably $25 in parts and another $25 in labor to make.

I got the same run around from TSP about asking for pics. They said do a search on ls1tech for pics of their offroad ypipe. Not exactly the response I was hoping for, but no surprise.

Anyway... I would actually prefer a ypipe with less joints because that's just one more place for leaks.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

I asked the guy about the Hooker bag and he said that it was just a generic picture of the y-pipe.

From the email he sent me:
Its just a general pic of a ory. It is a pacesetter y pipe that you are bidding on heres the part number if it helps PCS82-1163. If you have anymore questions let me know.