Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new pacesetters=8+ codes thrown???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pacesetters=8+ codes thrown???

Background:
my friend just got on his new pacesetters for his 98 z28, he ran it for a day open . and of course the SES light came one, we assumed because of the o2 sensors from the cats were disconnected. so the next day he gets a y pipe with some magna flow high flow cats, and he puts the sensors back in.
while testing driving we notice that in certain RPMs the car seems to give out for slight second, and a loud pop sometimes right before a down shift at WOT or after. It feels like a miss fire, he said that when he put his spark plugs back in he set them to .06 gap (he said stock) becaue they were set wrong at (.08).

problem:

anyway, we get the thing scanned and the codes, i dont have with me, but i remember what they said:
low voltage 02 sensor on all four of them
bank 1 and 2 running lean
and the last two were the same as the first two (duplicate code)

no misfire read in

we reset pcm, everything seems fine, no codes being thrown, we get down the road, and not only is his SES on, its blinking, (which means misfire) (it never did that before) we didnt have time to go get it scanned again, but what are ur thoughts??

the low voltage on the sensors can wait, but having ur car misfire and run lean is not good.

please help

thanks
Old 11-13-2004, 04:29 AM
Launching!

The low voltage can be tied in with the lean readings.
Two things I have learned from here and from experinces of freinds is:
1. O2 extentions suck ***..........I am planning on running the Vette rear O2s in mine.
2.Even with after market cats you still need O2 simms or the codes deleted.

As far as the misfires go check all the connections for the coil packs ,the spark plug wires and I would close the gap up in the plugs if it was me(even though I doubt the gap has anything to do with the misfire.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Launching!

It could all be in the o2 extenstions. if they are near the headers, and get damaged, they will cause your car to misfire...it happend to me on the passenger side. want to know an easy way to figure it out? unplug both front o2s and drive the car. if it doesnt pop/misfire, then you found the problem. you can also remove the o2s u have on there now, and replace them with the rear o2s on the stock exhaust(they are interchangable).

adrian