PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roughing in IFR for 60 lb Mototrons? (with fpr?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Roughing in IFR for 60 lb Mototrons? (with fpr?)

I tried this in fueling for a couple of days and didn't get any responses, so I'm giving it a try over here.

Question 1:
Going from 28.8's (which are really 24's....) to the 60 lb'rs.
24 x 2.5 = 60 right?
So I would just multiply all my IFR entries by 2.5 to rough in the table?

Question 2:
I plan to hook up a vacuum line to my fpr to somewhat "boost reference" the fuel pressure. (I have the 97 vette rail on my ex-v6 fbody, with return line.)
I should flatten out the IFR table then? What is a good base table to start from? Or just start from the zero vacuum setting and push it all the way across?
(the car will be boosted soon)

Question 2a:
If the fpr sees vacuum and increase fuel pressure at idle, are the injectors going to be "too big" then to idle? From what I understand, they are barely in the minimum pulsewidth range (1.1 or so) as it is. I may have to abandon that idea.

Let me know if this should be in Forced Induction instead of Tuning.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if those injectors are rated at 3 bar and you are running 58.8 psi (4 bar) they are equivalent to 70 lbs/h injectors or 8.83 g/sec
Old 11-15-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, so 70/28.8 = 2.43

Q1:
2.43 times all entries in the IFR table?

Q2:
With vacuum to the fpr, what changes should I make to the IFR table?
Or are the 60's too big to be run with the fpr seeing vacuum?

(copying to the FI forum - finishing the rounds... No response in Fueling, minimal response in Tuning, maybe FI is the place to be.)
Old 11-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Are you expierencing an overly rich condition at idle with those injectors? I am just trying to find out if those injectors have a flaw. I am expierencing idle problems with the Motrons 60lbs.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't installed mine yet.

I did get some more answers to this same question in the Forced Induction forum.

I will be running a vacuum referenced fpr, which should help, because it will reduce the fuel pressure at idle.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

high impedance injectors have a minimum open time -> and close time in high impedance.

so you'll get a crapload of gas at idle with such large flow. Hence why they came up with peak n hold low impedance injectors which can snap open much faster and the result is a much better idle.

You can get a conversion box somewhere, i'd guess the same injectors 60# (saturated) running in a true peak n hold 60# mode would idle WAY better and cruise at low loads way better.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:21 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

the IFR table is just a straight conversion from lb/hr to g/sec if the rating is the same. Might as well be exact since the conversion is pretty easy (I don't ever remember the lb - g conversion, but there are lb/hr to g/sec calculators all over the web, and included in HPT if that is your tuning software).