Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live and EDIT HELP. Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Live and EDIT HELP. Please

Ok, Im completly lost with the tunning stuff. I just started to look at in in depth this weekend as my time has been limited but My tune is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off.

There is alot of tunning info on this and other sites but I am still a little lost. One of you Edit guru's just needs to write a couple page tutorial that explains it all and how EFI and Edit data cooralate. Im sure there are alot of us out there that would by a guide like that.

ANy how, What I was wondering was:

- Should LTFT be 0 to -5 in all rpm's even at idle (mine are at +10)
- I know that you can adjust the MAF/IFR or VE table to adjust the LTFT but in EFI Live, how do I show what the LTFT is in a given cell? Do i set the "Current AFR Cells' table up asfollows: Col= Long term FT Cell and Row= Long Term FT 1.
- I have an ported MAF ends. Shouldnt I get my LTFT in line bychanging My MAF table first?

Im just having a little trouble coorelating the EFI live data back to EDIT data. Any Help is appreciated. Im getting 4 degrees of KR up top too but I think im lean so I want to add fuel before I reduce timing.

I have a 232/595 112 LSA cam.

Please Help . My car has been a piece of crap since the cam install.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:54 PM

Sent you a PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:59 PM

Has the car ever been tuned?

I usually shoot for the LTFT to be +2 to -5 in all Fuel Trim Cells (FTC). If yours are +10 I would first look for a vacuum leak. If there is no vacuum leak I would put the stock MAF ends back on and see how it looks.
I would not mess with the MAF table. If the LTFT need to be adjusted then I would use the IFR table.

John
Old 11-14-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JNorris
Has the car ever been tuned?

I usually shoot for the LTFT to be +2 to -5 in all Fuel Trim Cells (FTC). If yours are +10 I would first look for a vacuum leak. If there is no vacuum leak I would put the stock MAF ends back on and see how it looks.
I would not mess with the MAF table. If the LTFT need to be adjusted then I would use the IFR table.

John
Never got a PM Jnorris. The car has been tuned though. Well kinda. I had some help from a member on LS1tuning.com and thats the tune thats in My PCM now but its not right yet.

My LTFT's are only 10 at idle and under 1k. Above that there anywhere fro +5 to 0. I did however suspect a vacuume leak at one point, Thats why I just re-did the intake job today and I used Brand new gaskets. I checked thurouly afterwards for a leak and found nothing.

Do I want my LTFT;s zeroed out in all RPM ranges including idle?