Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Bolt for pulley install is stuck...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Long Bolt for pulley install is stuck...

I am in the middle of a cam install and the long bolt to put the pulley on is stuck (wont untighten or tighten). This is a stock pulley and it as never hammerd in by anything. It got torqued down with a 1/2 impact and then it got stuck. I have searched but have not really found the answer to this. I have been told it is more than likely the inside of the crank threads got stripped or the bolt itself got stripped?
I was told by a shop that they would have to pull the motor out and replace the crank if it was stripped!!

Has anyone else had this problem??

Last edited by ws.6kid; 11-15-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Were you puting the pully back on? When i did my cam swap I bought the longer arp bolt Because i was told the stock bolt was not long enough to get the threds started. "wich was true" .
Old 11-15-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by conan
Were you puting the pully back on? When i did my cam swap I bought the longer arp bolt Because i was told the stock bolt was not long enough to get the threds started. "wich was true" .
I got a longer bolt that came with my cam kit from TSP. Everythings is in except for the damn pulley...
Old 11-15-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Might want to hose it down with wd40 and get a long braker bar and very carefuly try to move it back and forard to try to loosen it up. If you were putting it in with the air wrench you might have gotten it cross threaded. Take your time Good luck.