Sponsored by:

Remove IAC and permenantly delete codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remove IAC and permenantly delete codes

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if it is possible to delete the IAC when performing a custom tune? I am considering using a TB without an IAC motor and would prefer to not have the SES light on solid. I am aware that there may be driveability issues with no IAC, and am hoping that any of these issues can be solved by drilling the TB blade and or fiddling with the idle screw.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Dave

Last edited by CanuckSS; 11-15-2004 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CanuckSS
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if it is possible to delete the IAC when performing a custom tune? I am considering using a TB without an IAC motor and would prefer to not have the SES light on solid. I am aware that there may be driveability issues with no IAC, and am hoping that any of these issues can be solved by drilling the TB blade and or fiddling with the idle screw.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Dave
I was thinking that same thing today. I was actually just wondering if I could completely delete the idle airflow table and set my desired idle speed to the same across the board and then set the idle speed manually with the set screw. ...but still be able to use throttle cracker if I wanted to...
Old 11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Logically, since you can delete the EGR system when it is removed why couldn't you delete the IAC? I am sure you could make the car driveable without the IAC, but then again I am no expert!