PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dying o2s. Denso f-body or Bosch vette rears?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dying o2s. Denso f-body or Bosch vette rears?

Hi all -

Im getting p0153 and p1153 again, for the second time in 2 months. The first time I simply replaced the sensor with a spare stocker. Now that the codes have come back, I need to find a more permanent fix. The car is an 02 f-body with JetHot LT headers, no AIR, hollow cats, True duals out the back.

My choices are:

Do I go with the normal replacement part for the 02 f-body? I would probably go with DENSO, because theyre supposed to be built well. If theyre strong enough to deal with leaded race fuel, maybe theyll be strong enough to deal with my cold LTs. If I go with denso, Ill probably order online. These are cheaper at about $55. If a denso sensor fails Ill have to ship it back and wait for the replacement. I cant just run down the road to autozone.

My other choice is going with the rear o2s for a c5 vette. Ill probably get the bosch ones from autozone. These are more expensive at $78. Ive looked for bosch datasheets to prove or disprove the rumor that these sensors have a higher wattage heater, but i cant find any solid information. The upside to these is that they have a 3 month warranty that I can instantly replace by running to the local autozone.

One more question... can I replace only my passengers side? My stock drivers side o2 has yet to crap out on me. I just dont know if these will be calibrated if I run mismatched brands though.

Thanks,
-Tony

MODS: Duplicate Post. If you want to merge in the thread from Ext Engine, please feel free.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lightbulb

I went with the Bosch 13111. Buy them at AdvanceAuto and you get a year warranty. I ordered my on line and received them in two days. I replaced both fronts even though only the pass side was setting the codes. I did notice the O2's are very close to each other when I look at the logs. So far no codes.

Bill
Old 11-17-2004, 04:16 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would get the Denso Corvette Rears from sparkplugs.com. Led resistant and pretty inexpensive.
Phil