Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Code P0135??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES Code P0135??

Can someone tell me what this code means. I put a smooth bellow on my SS this weekend and noticed the SES code P0135 come on the next day. I had my lid and headers for over a year and have never thrown a code. Is this a code for a bad 02 sensor? Can someone tell me what this code means. Thanks in advance. I had the car auto tapped about a week ago and corrected some minor knock in 3rd gear. MAFT settings currently 10% rich at base and 4% lean at WOT.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

My bad, I just saw the link to the OBD II homepage. The code is for HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1. Can anyone explain this any further to me?
Old 11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may help

DTC P0135, P0141, P0155, or P0161
Circuit Description
The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies a bias voltage of approximately 450 mV on the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) high and low signal circuits. When you turn ON the ignition, battery voltage is supplied to the HO2S heater. As the heater reaches the operating temperature, the HO2S voltage responds by changing from a bias voltage range to the normal operation. Typically, as the HO2S reaches the operating temperature, the HO2S voltage goes from a bias voltage to a voltage below 300 mV. Depending on the exhaust gas content, the HO2S voltage can go above 450 mV.

Depending on the cumulative air flow, the PCM runs the heater test only during a cold start, and only once an ignition cycle. When you start the engine, the PCM monitors the HO2S voltage. When the HO2S voltage goes above or below the bias range threshold, the PCM determines how much time the process took. If the PCM detects that the process took too much time for the HO2S to enter into normal operating range, a DTC sets. This time is based on the amount of air that flows into the engine.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Hey thanks a lot for the detailed assessment. It is much appreciated.