Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arp main studs

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default arp main studs

Is it necessary to use loctite when installing arp main studs? I know you are supposed to use loctite for head studs, but i am not sure about main studs.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:35 AM
I can shift faster than you.

Are you talking about using loctite to secure the stud in the block or the nut to the stud? It is perfectly fine to loctite the stud in the block. If you will be taking the main caps off multiple time checking clearances, mocking up,etc. this is not a bad idea as the studs sometimes wants to come out when loosening the nut. Loctite will prevent this.

Don't use loctite on the nut though. ARP assembly lube is what should be used here.

Jason
Old 11-18-2004, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

all i used for mine is the moly lube to install them. use loctite if you don't plan on taking them out frequently. when you put them in make sure they're all the way in. after you clean the threads they say finger tight but you'll probably have to take an allen wrench and screw them in all the way. that's what i had to do with mine.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

yes i was referring to the part screwed into the block, not the bolt. When i installed mine i actually put molylube on bolt the part of the that goes into the block and on the part where the nut screws on. I was just wondering if you don't use loctite will they come loose eventually?
Old 11-18-2004, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

i should know in a few days 175 wet going in. plus i havent heard or every seen one come undone. thats not to say it can't happen
Old 11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

i believe i was able to get mine in all the way with my fingers. they seemed to get pretty tight with the molylube applied.