Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Removing body kit on Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing body kit on Z28

How hard would this be? I've found a few good deals on Z's that I like but have the sport appearance package which I don't like. How much would it cost to get this taken off and refinished to where you couldn't tell it was ever there?
Old 11-18-2004, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

500million dollars
Old 11-18-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1POWER98
500million dollars
****, more than I thought. seriously though?
Old 11-19-2004, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

Well if you take it off it's going to laeve a bunch of holes in the rocker panels. Also, if you remove the little wing that will leave holes to. All those would have to be filled and resprayed which wouldn't be very cheap. Some people remove the ground effects then leave all the little holes but I think that looks worse than the body kit itself.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at GM's car. Isn't that beautiful? Just get a different front piece and leave the rest. I kick myself in the *** now, every time I see those holes. Now it's gonna cost me like a grand to get them all filled and repainted. And it's not like I can just put them back on, 'cause I sold them.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JackZ28
Look at GM's car. Isn't that beautiful? Just get a different front piece and leave the rest. I kick myself in the *** now, every time I see those holes. Now it's gonna cost me like a grand to get them all filled and repainted. And it's not like I can just put them back on, 'cause I sold them.
Just buy another kit or start J-yard hunting for front and rear non drilled facias.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:01 AM
TECH Veteran

That might be a good option, but finding the parts with no damage would be too time consuming. I'd rather just have it redone. Buying another kit is out of the question, because then I'd have to spend all that money to get it repainted. Now if someone had a flawless red kit they wanted to sell- that would be a different scenario entirely!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Well if you take it off it's going to laeve a bunch of holes in the rocker panels. Also, if you remove the little wing that will leave holes to. All those would have to be filled and resprayed which wouldn't be very cheap. Some people remove the ground effects then leave all the little holes but I think that looks worse than the body kit itself.
GM did you car get redder?

Like the new pics - looks awesome. Saw on your site u got a new hood - don't hold out on the pics......
Old 11-20-2004, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mako22
GM did you car get redder?

Like the new pics - looks awesome. Saw on your site u got a new hood - don't hold out on the pics......
Thanks, my car really changes color depending on the lighting. It goes anywhere from orange in the morning and evening, bright red during the day, and blood red in low lighting. It's kinda cool for factory paint.

I am having a one off Sunoco style carbon fiber hood built (made a few changes to the Sunoco design). I ordered it in July and it's been a long bumpy road since then but it should be here soon, I won't have any pics until spring since it's time to put the car away.

Quick Reply: Removing body kit on Z28