Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help :(

Not sure where to really post this but here goes:

I have a 94 Firebird v6 with 157k on the clock. I've never had any major engine issues, biggest thing being a starter or alternator (thank god). Anyways, occasionally I can get in the car, and press down on the brakes and the whole dash and steering wheel will light up. While the brake is down, the head lights will raise, but not retract. Also, during this occurance (with or without the peddle pressed) the only brake that that does work is the small one on the hatch.

Any clue what this could be? Id hate to have this car put in the shop for some sort of mass electrical problem, at this point I dont feel the car is worth the repair.

Another thing. The car tends to over heat. Ive checked all the coolent and everything is fine. T-stat has been replaced twice. 2 mechanics cant find anything wrong with it, one hard wired my fans to run whenever the car is on and that delays the problem, but it will eventually overheat and cause the tranny to not drop down to first gear (automatic) or cause it to slip or something.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Teching In

any ideas?
Old 11-19-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

try doing a search on related problems, it could be anything.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Launching!

sounds like it needs to be put to sleep.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by santiago
try doing a search on related problems, it could be anything.

tried that, didnt find anything even remotely close on this board nor other fbod boards.

as far as putting it to sleep, im right there with ya, cept i dont have money for another car
Old 11-19-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go under and see if your brake pedal (or lever) is close to any wires that it might be moving and crossing. it could be an open wire and the brake pedal is making it go ground, making the circuit complete and making it do all this. it will prolly be a wire that goes to your lights switch

good luck with it man!