Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino users inside please

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino users inside please

WHich products do i need to get, i was thinking z5 for swirls, and some z6 the detail spray, any other i need to get
Old 11-21-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

I've never been impressed with the results using Z-5 for swirls. If you wash, clay, wash again, then use an abrasive polish (like Menzerna Intensive Polish or Einszett Paint Polish) with a Porter Cable polisher and an orange pad, then follow up with a finishing polish (Menzerna Final Polish 2 or Einszett Metallic Polish) with a white pad, you will REMOVE the swirls, rather than covering them. Once you do that, the Zaino products are excellent sealants, and give great shine and durability.

The Zaino products I recommend are:
ZFX
Z-2
Z-6
Z-18 Claybar

Their car wash is OK, but I prefer Meguiars Gold Class.

Just my $0.02.

-Mike
Old 11-21-2004, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

I've had great luck with the Z-5 for fine swirls but anything on the heavier side, it really doesn't do alot for it. I actually use Z-5 instead of Z-2 most of the time but I would reccomend buying them both along with the ZFX accelerator. You don't have to buy the detail spray but a bottle last for ever so it's worth getting one just to have. I really only use it after I Zaino to clean up any residue I missed or sometimes when I don't have time to put a quick coat of Zaino on the car. I've never tried their claybar, I'm sure it's just as good as the others on the market.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by titus
WHich products do i need to get, i was thinking z5 for swirls, and some z6 the detail spray, any other i need to get
You need to evaluate the condition of your paint first. Take your car out in direct sunlight and determine how bad your swirl marks are.

Prep work is even more important when using Zaino because of its high optical clarity. More than likely, you need a good polish. Menzerna IP/FP, Einszett PP, Poorboys SSR 2, etc.

Once your finish is properly polished, it will be deep, vibrant, and wet. Then you can seal it up with Zaino.

Zaino doesn't make any bad products, so anything you order is going to be good. You might look at one of the kits.

Quick Reply: Zaino users inside please