Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My fun for the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My fun for the weekend

Well i took my car out to the races this saturday night to see if there was anything worth racing since everytime I go out there all I see is 15 second rice rockets. To my suprise there were a few decent muscle cars who decided to call me out:

First to call me out was a 90's notch with cam and bolt ons (oooh so scared) he said he had a whopping 250 rwhp.I told him i dont want to race cause it would be a waste of gas and tires and he got all mad and grabbed his bottle of race fuel and poured it in his tank and said "LETS GO" I laughed in my head and said he could be lying about his rwhp but if he isn't this will be a slaughter.So we line up and off we go i could not hook at all cause it was so cold and my tires are close to slicks, so i was pretty much sideways all the way through first and second and he was right there with me. I finnaly caught when i hit third and started to leave him maybe 2-3 car lenghts by 120 obviously not quarter mile races. Then after we get back he says he wants to run again cause he missed third so i said thats cool lets go. We run and the same thing happens but even worse this time cause my tires are alot warmer and i was actually able to hit second and not spin. I come back to where everyone is parked and this guy comes up to me talking **** saying i was spraying him and he wanted to race me without the bottle I told him plenty of times I was not spraying but he would not believe me so I played it like i was sparying and said okay I wont spray this time. So this time I turn on the bottle and proceed to race and show him how bad he will get spanked with me spraying. We take off and I waited till 3rd to turn it on then when I hit it I could have sworn he hit the brakes cause I left him like he was sitting still he then went home i guess he was to embarrased to come back to all the people there cause they say he always wins his races.

Second run was a nice *** chevelle with a built 355 he said that my car was a turd and he would run away from me without trying. This being the first day he has raced his car since the car was built he knew nothing about the specs of his car not even that he had a bootleg rearend and he was not going to catch traction on those shitty *** goodyear tires. I didn't even really have to try cause he pretty much didn't go anywhere game over.

That was the last race of the night I just let my car sit and watched some slow *** ricers race.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

damn sounds like a lot of shittalkers, talk **** and get smacked gotta love it. Sounds like Dallas from a few years ago, now the ricers are actually fast hehe.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Yea well i think they are slow when a 2000 eclipse with only a k&n filter can beat most of the other cars out there. My friend had a bone stock audi a4 and he was probably the 3rd fastest rice out there if you consider that car rice.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Teching In

I wish i could go to some of the races that other people from this board attend where there are cars like yours mach and would hand me my *** without all the **** talking. Dont get me wrong there are fast cars in the bay area but most of them wont street race either that or I dont know where they meet up.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

yeah man I have been racing awhile and its hard to find some good races if you dont know the scene very well, **** by the sound of it my mirage LS would have smoked most of the **** out there LOL nice kills
Old 11-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Well a while back it used to be pretty good but the cops are really crackin down on street racing so not many people go out anymore and that is the reason i did not run to much and never really go out anymore not worth losing my car
Old 11-22-2004, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

ah, yeah they did the same **** here so we are very careful and it has worked pretty well so far, we get a scout to make sure everything is clear and such.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Yea they used to have that setup here someone at the end of the road with a 2 way radio and scanner so they could tell everyone if cops came

I want to go to la i think that is where toxic99 lives and i have watched a couple of his vids and the cars seem real fast
Old 11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by 02BlueFormula
...everytime I go out there all I see is 15 second rice rockets.
More like pea shooters.
Why didn't you guys just pm each other?

J/K, Nice kills.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have already decided not to talk **** before a race, no matter who it is. That way if you do get your *** handed to you, it's not as bad. You can talk as much **** as you want after you beat them Unless you go up against a 20 sec ricer, then talk ****. Nice kill, and nice move with the nitrous trick!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills, esp the nitrous kill. I don't know why people talk trash? Some guy I know back from high school with a 01 Cobra says to me:
"Your car may look fast, but it ain't!"
after I tell him hey. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

seems to be more sh*t talkers than fast cars.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Thanks,
Yea I dont usually talk trash either but I was on bald *** dr's that were pretty much on their last mile. So I only wanted to race something that would hand me my ***. I like to challenge cars that I think I might lose cause it makes it more challenging, and you know you cant make one mistake or it is over.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

yeah, trash talking it just setting yourself up for a loss, its happened time and time again, a friend of my with a SC saleen said he was gunna hand it to this T/A and i told him watch ur mouth, next thing you know his car is getting pulled by that T/A and im driving his saleen haha, then this guy with this 03 cobra talks some **** telling me to bring money cause he is going to whoop my *** and I hand it to him and his buddy with a nitrous'd 03, here is a crappy vid if u guys wanna take a gander, rule is not to talk **** or you will loose haha.
http://www.supraspeed.com/vids/mach1vs2cobras.wmv
Old 11-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Good kill were you spraying?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I was on the bottle. That cobra runs 7.3's in the 1/8 so hopefully I can bust some mid to high 6's off now that I have my heads fixed, that run was with compression numbers about like this

Last edited by mach1; 11-23-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

ouch cylinder 3 is down on compression by a lot... had a little bit of a problem there eh
Old 11-23-2004, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigBronco
ouch cylinder 3 is down on compression by a lot... had a little bit of a problem there eh
Yeah bent valves dont help my compression numbers any haha, I just got the heads back on it a few days ago, the MF#%$IN^G G rain has kept me from giving it a test drive, mid 7's on motor, please
Old 11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Default that is cool were did u run the cobra

my heads will be flowing liek this tyler

o the intake port

Old 11-24-2004, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

sweet, nice video. I agree, it's best to keep quiet and just race. Of course, I guess I would talk trash too if I had a 9/10 second car. Not to many of them on the road as daily drivers. Don't get me wrong, there's some but not enough of them to have a concern. Nice win, I would love to of heard his excuse, hehe.