Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question

Old 11-22-2004, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Exhaust question

Yea, I know this has been asked a billion times... So please forgive me for asking it again. However, I could really use your help? In the very near future I'm looking into getting a system together.

Note first: the system is going to have a GMMG exhaust plus the car has the old style SLP subframe connectors.

I want to invest in some headers or a header kit if the deal works out better that way. I don't believe I need a stainless steel system. However, I do know I want Cats on the car (not for emmissions but to control sound & fuel smell) Most likely I'll go ceramic coated.

Mainly I want some very nice, affordable, quality, and easy to install and good fitment.

What do I need?

1. Headers
2. Y-pipe with cats

So, someone give me a idea of what a good system would be? Buy a kit package or piece the system together?

Plus what are we looking at as far as HP numbers. The car is stock except for the LS1 airlid (Which they claim adds 10hp?)?

I think the GMMG adds maybe another 10hp?

I've been researching the QTP system, Dynatech system, Hooker (but would need to buy a Y-pipe for that) and Jet Hot (but again I would have to buy a Y-Pipe for that as well. Not sure if I will need some 02 sims?

I don't plan on any cams or heads.

My vision so far is to keep it close to what it is but give it a little edge.
My over all plan:
1. Airlid (done)
2. GMMG ( in the process)
3. Headers & Y-with cats
4. A TUNE
5. High stall TQ (future mod)
6. 3.73 Ring/Pin Plus a T/A differential cover
7. Nitto's or something just as good

I'll be happy with 350hp to 380HP and with the other mods while not HP improvers they will in create very good 1/4 mile times. I don't plan on ever driving up to 170 MPH. So I would rather have the power & traction in a more useable range...

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Search this Thread