Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed LT's and ORY- Can't get crossmember on

Old 11-23-2004, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed LT's and ORY- Can't get crossmember on

I did LT's and TSP ORY, SpecIII,drill mod,!AIR,plugs and wires this weekend(whew!). All went fairly well, but, there is a crossmember that goes behind the tranny, right under where the Y goes into the I pipe that I can't get back on because the Y-I connection is too low now. Do I need this part? Did I not tuck the Y pipe up enough? or is this normal when going to a 3"Y? If I need it, can I just make spacers to drop it down so it will clear the exhaust?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

are you talking about the flimsy sheet metal floorboard support?

you realy dont NEED it, but if you would like to, some spacers would be quite OK on it.

maybe while youre down there a lakewood driveshaft loop would be a good idea...it fits just about any exhaust combo, and its cheap.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that's the one. It did look pretty flimsy, that's why I wasn't too worried about it. Figured I better check though, THANKS! I do want a loop, but, I am hoping to do a torque arm soon, and will prob. get one with a loop on it.

Search this Thread