Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think PP heads will do good with my set-up?

Old 11-23-2004, 06:20 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you think PP heads will do good with my set-up?

I am fixing to have to swap out my 5.3 with my 5.7 LS1 that's in my back yard sooner than expected, because I think my 5.3 has a bad oil ring.

I plan on running a custom FMS cam, probably a 220/224-112 or 113 LSA or something real similar. I will also be having it dyno-tuned by FMS. I called Patriot Performance the other day and asked them how much it would cost to have their stage 2 headwork done/assembled to my extra set of 5.3 heads. They said $950. Sounds like a really good deal to me. Will these heads do justice for my future set-up? Thanks for any info!
Old 11-23-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Don't forget a torque converter to match the cam and nitrous

I've had no problems with my Patriot Heads in the past 10k + HARD miles, other than a bad head gasket at the track Can't complain one bit
Old 11-23-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ask Alan how much it would be for them to clean up your heads? I think he would be able to better match the cam to his heads than anyone elses. It may be a few hundred bucks more, but you see the numbers his stuff is putting out.
BTW: I saw your truck in front of your house the other day over in Sun city. I work for swepco and we were straightning some poles along the ditch line behind your neighbors houses.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Did you ask Alan how much it would be for them to clean up your heads? I think he would be able to better match the cam to his heads than anyone elses. It may be a few hundred bucks more, but you see the numbers his stuff is putting out.
BTW: I saw your truck in front of your house the other day over in Sun city. I work for swepco and we were straightning some poles along the ditch line behind your neighbors houses.
Damn, you should have stopped by! Would have liked to chat with ya! Small world.

I asked Allan how much everything would be for his heads ported/assembled and everything he quoted me a little over $2000. There is no way I can afford that. I've gotta figure out a way to come up with the money for the Patriot heads. FMS was my first choice. I figured 2 out of 3 FMS options aren't bad, those being the cam and tune.

Search this Thread