Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what happen to my TH350!! Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what happen to my TH350!! Help

I had a completely dead distributor in my engine and my car needed to be rewired. So when i got the truck rewired i decided to go to a msd billet dist and a 6AL box with blaster coil. Anyways i get the truck back and OMG it is so much more powerful. It went from barely being able to chirp the tires off the line to being able to light them up at 15 mph, and no traction till 20-25. So im having fun with my truck after not having it for 2 weeks and i floored it down this road. When i turned off the road i hit the gas to go around the turn and the car just started shaking a **** LOAD and making this horrible really rough low sound like grinding. Does anybody have anyclue what happen it smooths out if you get it to go to second gear.
thanks in advance,
Matt
Old 11-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Also i dont think there was too much power through it before the ignition i only dynoed 180 rwhp and 250 rwtq
Old 11-25-2004, 02:59 AM
10 Second Club

sounds like the low reverse sprag in the trans is broken or cracked i think thats the name of it. does it make same noise in reverse. i know the guys here will correct me if i am wrong.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

yes it makes the same noise in reverse. If its gonna be 500+ to get it fixed (I cant work on a tranny) then i will just get a nicer one to drop into there but i hope its not that much. O and the sound is like a really low tone it almost sounds like rubbing but i think it is a grindnoise its hard to tell because i didnt give it enough gas to really listen as i didnt want to **** it up anymore