PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - Upgraded to EFI Live V.6. what now.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Upgraded to EFI Live V.6. what now.

Just upgraded to V.6 and it looks ilike there is less info in this version that there was in 5. I can find were to add PIDS. THere is no LTFT info. Also no IAC info.

I upgraded due to this thread here : https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/99870-fuel-trim-ve.html

My V.6 looks nothing like this.

ANy one have V.6 and know what the deal is?

THanks.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:54 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Shane,

Glad you asked. Take a look at their website and look at the News Section. Registered owners of the software can move up to Version 7 Software which is a scanning and tuning version. Take a look and send me a PM if you have questions.

All my best,

Steve
Old 11-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by shaneSS
Just upgraded to V.6 and it looks ilike there is less info in this version that there was in 5. I can find were to add PIDS. THere is no LTFT info. Also no IAC info.
The LTFT matrix can be displayed when you are connected to a vehicle. Select menu option LS1/LS6->Long Term Fuel Trim.

PIDs can be selected/deselected in the [OBDII (F7)] tab page on the [PIDs] sub page.

On the PIDs subpage, select "Air" from the drop down list to display just the PIDs related to airflow. The IAC PIDs will all be displayed in there.

Another way to find PIDs, is to select "All" from the drop down list, then sort by the "Units" column (just click on the Units heading) and then look for the units of the PID that you want.
For example, if you were looking for IAC, sort by the "Units" column and look for "Steps".

Some of the PID names have changed between V5 and V6. The easiest way to find out the new name of a PID, is to load an old V5 log file into V6 that contains the PID(s) you want to investigate, and EFILive will automatically convert the V5 PID names into V6 PID names.

Two things were not included in V6 (or V7), the built in calculated PID editor and the spark/fuel map overrides.
You can add your own calculated PIDs by editing the calc_pids.txt file.
You can override the absolute spark/fuel (or delta spark) using the V6 (and V7) control panel.

Regards
Paul
Old 11-26-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

THanks guy,
Yeah I cant wait for V7 to come out. It will be great to not have to swap cables every time between FEI and Edit.

Im assuming that thigs will be corellated eaiser too as its a consolidated program.

Off to tune!