New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech - cut out? all lids the same????

View Full Version : cut out? all lids the same????

osvaldo
11-25-2004, 12:10 PM
ok so what exactly is a cut out? i've heard of them, but dont know exactly what is it... also this guy i know has a lid he's selling for 60 bucks, should i go for it? are all lids the same or are new name brand ones better than used ones? i'm also gonna go with a k&n filter, some better pulleys, i just got a transmission mount installed, and found out yesterday that my car has the slp loudmouth exhaust! how good of news is that????

jammon46
11-25-2004, 12:39 PM
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/

That should give you a good idea of a cutout. As for the lid I would go for it.

osvaldo
11-25-2004, 12:45 PM
ok.. well i was hearing some guys talking about it messing up their engines or something,, what negative effects does it have on your car???

lnuxhakr
11-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Both are good beginner mods....expect the car to be louder and raspier with the cutout, especially around 3000 RPM, but I love mine that way!

tim99ws6
11-25-2004, 12:58 PM
The cutout has NO negative effect on your car. Do some research on here. It does nothing but bypass your catback. As for lids, the only one that has ever REALLY outflowed any other lid is the TSP lid. But any lid is gonna give you a decent gain

ChrisJ
11-26-2004, 10:50 AM
since your car already has loudmouth on it, id skip the cutout and save your money for something else... probably wont get you any gains over a loudmouth.

StoleIt
11-26-2004, 11:36 AM
you shouldn't have any NEGATIVE effects on your car from lid and cut out. the only thing that some cars dont like it de-screening the maf. thats really more hit or miss and owner preferance. my ss has free air mod, de-screened, lid, and cut out. it makes a difference. i started breaking the tires lose at 4 and a half, spinning into second, and chirping 3rd.

Uno99
11-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah I would skip the cut-out only because you have the LM already. Get a lid Well worth it.

Tiger2o69
11-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Lucky you have the lm now but after you get headers you wont be so lucky :)

M6HuggerSS
11-27-2004, 06:20 PM
hey olsvaldo! do you have a sig yet? what year and make car do you have, and list mods etc......
are you sure its a loud mouth? can you see a muffler from under the car? if you can, then its just the stock SLP cat back that came on the car!
and yes all lids are good! do some searching, there are a lot of cheap mods that will help your car run and handle better!

osvaldo
11-28-2004, 06:56 AM
hey olsvaldo! do you have a sig yet? what year and make car do you have, and list mods etc......
are you sure its a loud mouth? can you see a muffler from under the car? if you can, then its just the stock SLP cat back that came on the car!
and yes all lids are good! do some searching, there are a lot of cheap mods that will help your car run and handle better!
i dont think i have a sig?? i might...i dont know what that is, well my car is a 2002 SS camaro, one of the special edition ones. it has the slp LM, i know cause i got a transmission mount installed and there was no muffler, and the guys that installed the tran mount do muffler work, so they confirmed it. no mods yet, but im working on it, i cant do any major mods cause i dont wanna break my warranty. my plans are to get a lid, k&n filter, pulleys, cut out, and i guess thats it... have ne ideas????

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
11-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Negative effects of a cutout? Depends on where it is. If it is close to your O2 sensors then your car will think its running lean and try to make up for the condition by adding more gas. All in all its a great mod, i have two street pros waiting to be installed.

lnuxhakr
11-28-2004, 09:39 AM
I put mine right before the axle....works great...it will take a little getting used to.