Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Vs Lanes

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Vs Lanes

aright i wanted some opinions from people who have had duals done. i couldnt find any real good stuff using search so ill ask here....i am not posting this to give buisness to either side....
With clearence in mind and quality what true dual system is better the one from TSP for $420 or the one from LanesPerformance.com for $500
thanks to whoever responds to this
Old 11-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Launching!

I have TSP duals and they are great.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Launching!

wow they are both kinda high priced to me. shop here in Ok. makes them for $300 installed.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is that mandrel bent piping? Is it custom fit to your car? Does it use a Dr. Gas or similar X-pipe? These things add up and are the reason TSP and Lane's are more expensive.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

I have the Lanes Setup and the fitment was great, and the ground clearance is un real I could lower my car and have no issues the tuck up very nice

Dan
Old 11-27-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

TSP duals all the way...it is very easy to install and ground clearance is great. Sound and performance is one of a kind as well...

Old 11-27-2004, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

lanes uses the dr.gas x pipe setup and tsp doesnt i think...also im pretty sure there both manderal bent...i heard that the way lanes are shaped fit better up in the drive shaft tunnels so you have more clearence??
Old 11-27-2004, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kkkevvvinnn
lanes uses the dr.gas x pipe setup and tsp doesnt i think...also im pretty sure there both manderal bent...i heard that the way lanes are shaped fit better up in the drive shaft tunnels so you have more clearence??
Yep my lanes setup is Manderal bent, and tuck way up into the DS tunnel, like I said I could lower my car 2" and not have a problem with ground clearence I am lowering the car here very soon while it is in storage.

Dan
Old 11-27-2004, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by matts22
Is that mandrel bent piping? Is it custom fit to your car? Does it use a Dr. Gas or similar X-pipe? These things add up and are the reason TSP and Lane's are more expensive.

he uses a regular bender but he custom fits everything to each car, he makes his own x pipe. He does a great job and his work looks great, most of the F-body guys around here go to him

I do like that TSP X-pipe, I still don't think it's a bad price for as good as it looks.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just how high can a pipe and/or muffler tuck with the torque arm right in the way?

all this talk about being WAY up in the tunnel is kinda crazy

i have a dual system and m y is damn near touching the t/a and my bullets are nearly touching it, im talking 1/4" away from it max and they are in no way shape or form way up in the tunnel
Old 11-28-2004, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Full-Force
just how high can a pipe and/or muffler tuck with the torque arm right in the way?

all this talk about being WAY up in the tunnel is kinda crazy

i have a dual system and m y is damn near touching the t/a and my bullets are nearly touching it, im talking 1/4" away from it max and they are in no way shape or form way up in the tunnel
Not up in the tunnel, but like how you stated it, very close to the T/A, but there is a lot of ground clearence back there, I am also talking right off the headers near the first part of bent piping, mine is about a 1/4 from the floorboard and does not hit at all, I have better ground clearence then my buddies offroad Y-Pipe

Dan
Old 11-28-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

I really like the clearance on my 3" lanes setup. I can stand a coke can between the ground and the bottom of the exaust. Very good job IMO
Old 11-28-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99HUGGSS
he uses a regular bender but he custom fits everything to each car, he makes his own x pipe. He does a great job and his work looks great, most of the F-body guys around here go to him

I do like that TSP X-pipe, I still don't think it's a bad price for as good as it looks.
How much power/sound can you really lose from not being mandrel bent? have there been any tests?
Old 11-28-2004, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zchgla
How much power/sound can you really lose from not being mandrel bent? have there been any tests?

I don't know, my car only has 2.5" pipe on it and it is plenty loud.

you are on the Cofba board aren't you?
Old 11-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Launching!

I wanna stay with the 3" like i have now but it wont clear with a torque arm which the Tsp exahust wont either right? i also want to keep the mandrel bend, does performance muffler have the mandrel bend?? wish your car wasent to low so i can see how its set up brandon
Old 11-28-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, i am. How much is your car lowered? Do you scrape alot?

I think he has an H pipe to clear the torque armm, because an X wouldnt...I could be wrong though.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone run cats with their true duals? I want to get a set of lanes or tsp true duals but I need to have cats. Would it just be easier to purchase a Dr. gas x-pipe and the bullet mufflers and have an exhaust shop fab it up with cats to fit my mac headers?
Old 11-28-2004, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My lanes has more ground clearance then my SLP y-pipe to 3" single. The only down fall is that my car is not a sleeper anymore. Anything over 3,000RPM my car screams RACE CAR, it's loud as fuc* now.I don't know that my car gained any hp over the 3" single no cat system that I had on there. I didn't gain any MPH or cut any E.T. I'm hoping a re-tune will help. The 11.5 pass in my sig was with SLP LT and a SLP firehawk cat back. My dual kit is still on for now but might come back off if it dosen't prove itself. I wanna make as much HP as possible being as quiet as possible.I'm starting to think that a 2.5" X pipe to bullets might have shown more gain.I guess it will pay off when I spray a 150 shot threw it next year, 10's here I come

Last edited by 02SOMWS6; 11-28-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zchgla
Yes, i am. How much is your car lowered? Do you scrape alot?

I think he has an H pipe to clear the torque armm, because an X wouldnt...I could be wrong though.

yes, you are correct. It is lowered about an inch and it does scrape on speed bumps. I am putting Hal's all the way around and putting it back up to stock height for weight transfer
Old 11-28-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

Im having Performance do an 2.5" X pipe, and I want to lower atleast an inch. What kind of springs do you have?