Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need to log data?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to log data?

I am new to this. What do I need to log data? A Palm or laptop? I have heard that the newer Palms can log data as fast as a lap top. I was leaning towards Autotap for a Palm. I don't think I will be doing any tuning myself,that looks way to much for me. I was going to log some data to help my tuner. I have a 2003 Silverado SS. Can you guys get me in the right direction?
Old 11-29-2004, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

If you are not going to do any tuning just buy Autotap for the Palm or EFILive for the Palm if they have it.

Bill
Old 11-29-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the Ease scan tool is about the best stand alone software out there. You can get PC or Palm, wired or wireless, etc. Google OBD2 for more info. Also, you can log in real time. HPTuners has a great scan tool also, but I believe it is built into their VCM Suite.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a LS1M logger/scanner, and I love it! It's a palm that logs data on any OBD2 vehicle. It also reads and clears codes, has a pretty cool 0-60 timer that reads from the VSS(vehicle speed sensor). I logged a 20 min. drive with it last night. I can't say if it's fast or slow compared to others, but it works great for what I need it to do. They aren't a sponsor, so PM me if interested.