Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas on plugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gas on plugs

If anyone remembers my problem when I took my car to Iowa, with the blown in spark plug, and the knocking that sounded like a marble under the valvecover, skip this next paragraph.

In September, I drove my 1999 T/A with 27,200 miles to Iowa from Denver. Drove fine, got there great. Next morning, drove it a mile, pulled into Aunt's driveway, and it started knocking. Quick description.....Knocking sounded like a marble under the valvecover. Random knocking. Took off the valvecover, everything was fine. Checked pushrods and rockers, good. Everything moved fine when cranked without spark. Pulled the plugs, and pulled this out.

Okay, so I was back in Iowa over Thanksgiving, and got to check a couple more things. I took a new set of plugs and some tools. Checked the oil, it was good. Replaced the plug, and cranked it over to check and see if it would get hit. It didn't.
So we started it. Same marble knocking sound. Ran like it was on 4-5 cylinders. Pulled to plug to check it again, and it was covered in gas. Not firing apparently. The back two cylinders on the drivers side were like this. The knock is still very random. Doesn't go with the RPM's at all. The knock is at idle. At this point, I think the knock is detonation, occuring whenever all that gas finally gets spark. Cylinders had compression, just not sure how much.

Any ideas?? If you need more info, just ask.
Thanks!!
Old 09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry marble sound

man i hear the same thing in my car-01 formula. but the only time i hear it is when im going about 50 mph and then i step on the gas about half way. i cant figure out what it might be.....please help