Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got my ass HANDED to me.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my *** HANDED to me.

So I was out at this place about 20 minutes from my house just driving around logging some EFILive data for tuning. I have been fighting the tune since I put the cam in (kinda sucs).

Any how my friend meet me out at this road that is in the coutry and very straight and you can see almost to both ends.

Im makeing a few runs when this Sport bike goes by. He gave me the "lets go" sign as we passed each other in different directions. We ended up turing around and going from a dead stop.

Keep in mind that I knew 1. that I was going to get my *** handed to me and 2. My tune is Waaaay off (was getting KR up high)

- We take off and my friend is still in the car with me this run. Needless to say it was a joke. He had me right from teh start.

- 2nd time my friend gets out and we go from a stop again. I launched and then we followed. He again flew past me in 2nd. We raced to about 130 and he was easily 10 car lengths ahead.

- 3rd time we chat a bit first. He tells me it was a suzuki 1100 and that it is about 11.0 flat at the track. I told him about my tuning issues and said that I didnt have any good track times on the new cam yet. I told him I would run him one more time but then I had to stop cause I was getting a littel KR uptop. He wanted to give me 2 seconds since it really is no challenge for the bike. So my friend staged and started us off.

I launch and grab 2nd, 3rd 4th, and just as im rowing into 5th and about to let off he flys past me.

Again I know that i was never going to win but it was fun as hell to race him anyway. Especially cause we were in a safe place.

I had a gtec-type accelerometer with me and the best run I did was (I know there not exact) 12.43 @ 118.9 w/ 1.90 60 ft. Its kinda cool to have the gtec and EFILive and everythign going as your racing. Its cool to look back on. I expect to do 11.99 or better once the tune is good.

Next time I need to remember to bring the damn video camera!
Old 11-28-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool story. 1.90 60' on those 19s is pretty impressive.
Nice deaths all around.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Sick looking car! Nothin to be ashamed about when losing to a bike. Nice Run!
Old 11-29-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys,

I really really wich I had brought my Video camera but I had nio idea I was ging to run ito evil canevil out there. LOL... I was just going out for tuning. Next time Ill be prepared.