Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

me vs. E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default me vs. E55 AMG

on my way back home from a friend's house yesterday, i notice a current model E55 AMG making its way through the light traffic behind me in a fairly spirited fashion. as that there are few european cars of this caliber in my area, i'm getting pretty excited. as he rolls past we both give each other the eye... yep, definitely an E55 AMG and the midle-aged fellow behind the wheel definitely wants to play!

traffic gets bunched up some by a couple of traffic lights on the way out of town, but he is still heading my direction as i pass my turn-off and stay close. a couple of miles down the road at the 460/604 intersection heading into Blue Ridge is where we finally get evened up at a traffic light. he nods and smiles, as do i, though mine is more of a nervous smile cuz i know i'm prolly gonna get beat.

left turn traffic goes light goes yellow and i bring up the rpms a bit against the brake and wait for my green... it comes and i roll into the throttle. we both get a good launch with me leaving just a fraction before he does. i get a bit of wheelspin at the top of first, but he has pulled a fender. i hit second and the car goes a bit sideways and spins for a second as he pulls to a full car. i catch traction and he keeps walking to the tune of another car by third. i keep it wfo and he keeps walking... damn! that fuggin thing is FAST for 4000+ lbs! i stay in it until he lets off which is around 110 mph for me and he has a good 4 cars on me and he is pulling on me pretty good. we both brake hard because it's a 55 mph zone and there are some minor intersections coming up. he drops to 55 and i come past him. the guy has this HUGE grin on his face and his eyes look like pie-plates. i give him a thumb's up and he returns it. the whole experience made my day!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice death man, those things totally haul.

Take comfort in the fact that if you took the difference in the price of your car and his and spent it on mods, you'd chew him up and spit him out!

Take care!
Taco
Old 11-29-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice death Those things are definitely quick from the factory!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

tsk tsk, you got beat by a four door sedan......

JK, those things move.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Teching In

i'd LOVE to have one... comfort, luxury and pretty much Z06 straight line performance!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RatherSideways
on my way back home from a friend's house yesterday, i notice a current model E55 AMG making its way through the light traffic behind me in a fairly spirited fashion. as that there are few european cars of this caliber in my area, i'm getting pretty excited. as he rolls past we both give each other the eye... yep, definitely an E55 AMG and the midle-aged fellow behind the wheel definitely wants to play!

traffic gets bunched up some by a couple of traffic lights on the way out of town, but he is still heading my direction as i pass my turn-off and stay close. a couple of miles down the road at the 460/604 intersection heading into Blue Ridge is where we finally get evened up at a traffic light. he nods and smiles, as do i, though mine is more of a nervous smile cuz i know i'm prolly gonna get beat.

left turn traffic goes light goes yellow and i bring up the rpms a bit against the brake and wait for my green... it comes and i roll into the throttle. we both get a good launch with me leaving just a fraction before he does. i get a bit of wheelspin at the top of first, but he has pulled a fender. i hit second and the car goes a bit sideways and spins for a second as he pulls to a full car. i catch traction and he keeps walking to the tune of another car by third. i keep it wfo and he keeps walking... damn! that fuggin thing is FAST for 4000+ lbs! i stay in it until he lets off which is around 110 mph for me and he has a good 4 cars on me and he is pulling on me pretty good. we both brake hard because it's a 55 mph zone and there are some minor intersections coming up. he drops to 55 and i come past him. the guy has this HUGE grin on his face and his eyes look like pie-plates. i give him a thumb's up and he returns it. the whole experience made my day!
Honestly, nothing to be ashamed of. If you was juicing, you would of wiped that grin right off his face. Really, it's packing some serious power. If you was shooting, you would of walked him.

Besides, what do you expect from $80,000. It better beat me with that blown v8.