Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my 98 A4 TA Vs 94 MN6 TT Supra

Old 11-30-2004, 01:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up my 98 A4 TA Vs 94 MN6 TT Supra

coming home tonight from Ruby Tuesdays I saw a gorgeous red TT Supra pull up to me at the light.. However, being in a cop-infested area, plus having had a couple of drinks.. I wasn't risking my DL over a VERY tempting race!

So, light turned green and I just took off normally, the Supra stayed about 3 car lengths ahead and at one point slowed down, honked thrice and took off .. but I didn't bite .. but I started to succumb to the adreneline rush kicking in..

.. so I match up his speed, around 55ish.. and we're off.. I hang with him for a few seconds and then start pulling.. I think he may have let off the gas, but I couldn't tell ... slowed down around 110-120 [in a 50 mph zone ] and thanked God for saving me lol.. btw, there were absolutely NO cars on the road, except ofcourse us..

Well, we go at it again from umm.. 45-50 mph with me about half a car behind the Supra and he started pulling on me around 70-75ish.. and by 100 or so had about 2-3 cars on me!..

It was a great race.. I wish I could've run him from a dig to see how I'd fare..

Anyways, so I see him pull into a gas station and stopped by to congratulate and compliment his ride.. Cool guy.. turns out it was a 94 TT Supra with " bolt-ons" ... which obviously included a Boost Controller and he said he was running at " only " 19 psi.. I'm not too famaliar with how much boost a stock or lightly modded Supra takes, so I just took his word for it

He also mentioned pulling on a ZO6 that runs 12.8s.. so well my car would stand no chance atleast as of now

My Car & Mods: '98 TA A4 [3.23s] | SLP Lid | GMMG Exhaust | BMR SFCs [yeah performance mod eh! ] | 99,800 miles

Just wondering if anyone could throw their 0.2 in here with how I'd fare against him from a dig ? If I run into him again, I'll def. ask for a race from stop
Old 11-30-2004, 02:01 AM
Teching In

I majorly built Supra can boost over 40 psi.

Shane
Old 11-30-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bolt ons constitute "BPU" which is good for anywhere from 400-450+ rwhp. good runs

from a dig? you might pull him out of the hole if he can't drive too well, but you have to figure whatever they lack in the launch they make up by hauling *** down the rest of the quarter... get vids next time

-J
Old 11-30-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99badta
I majorly built Supra can boost over 40 psi.

Shane
I agree, an easily modifiable motor. I think factory boost is only 8-11? It's been so long, lol, hell ask me about the tt 300zx and no problem.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownGTX
He also mentioned pulling on a ZO6 that runs 12.8s.. so well my car would stand no chance atleast as of now
That's a pretty slow Z06.

Good runs no less!

Just I wouldn't race after

Search this Thread